We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma - charming or overrun?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bklynyoga
reviews: 35
Montezuma - charming or overrun?

Hi

We are 2 adults and three small kids traveling to CR in Feb. Have heard conflicting things about Montezuma and would love to hear your advice. We prefer chill, quiet places. Even if we had money (we do not) for 5 star- we would pick a place without pretension or cheese. I have heard that there is a bar/frat scene and am curious if montezuma has a Cancun vibe on a smaller scale. Would Santa Teresa be a better choice? We chose Montezuma bc it seems that the water us calmer.

We are considering ruling out Manuel Antonio bc it seemed too touristy- any thoughts?

Osa seems amazing but might be too tough with small kids.

I love reading all the advice on this board- thank you!

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
11. Re: Montezuma - charming or overrun?

Sorry if it is late - congrats on choosing Montezuma. there are several also several freashwater ponds right by the beaches you might check out for the kids, we go to them all all the time. Ask around with locals - I know them but don't know their names, local families swim at them all the time. Most are toward Cabuyo. If you PM me I can try & find find our their names & directions

12. Re: Montezuma - charming or overrun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 06, 2012