We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curu Wildlife Refuge

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
607 posts
35 reviews
Curu Wildlife Refuge

Are there any tours to Curu from Montezuma? I checked the Zuma Tours site and didn't see anything there. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
607 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

I think I found the answer to my own question. http://www.curutourism.com/en/tours-on-land This appears to be one of the sons of the founder of Curu. Let me know if there is a better tour company for this place. Thanks!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
607 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

I think I found the answer to my own question. http://www.curutourism.com/en/tours-on-land This appears to be one of the sons of the founder of Curu. Let me know if there is a better tour company for this place. Thanks!!

Edited: 2:34 am, June 22, 2011
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

I believe you have to make your way to the refuge yourself.

The web site you found is pretty self-explanatory. I have driven by it millions of times, but have yet to visit the refuge myself....I guess I should make a point of spending some time there one day : )

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
607 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

Yes, it looks like we'll need our own transportation as I couldn't find any other organized tours. If you make it there before December you can tell me about it before my trip!! :-) :-)

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

I know many people who have gone to the refuge and had a great time!

If get over that way before December, I will certainly let you know!

6. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:02 am, September 07, 2011
7. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:02 am, September 07, 2011
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
607 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

Thank you very much for the recommendation Sofia. Unfortunately Montezuma and that area is no longer on our itinerary so I'll have to save the advice for next time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

I think you have to make your way there yourself, however it is very worth it. you should call in advance to schedule a guided tour if you would like one. richard who is the son of the founder of the sanctuary has taken me on 2 tours there on 2 different trips to costa rica. he is well spoken, informative and has really done a lot to help the environment and the animals. sometimes when you go to refuges in costa rica you will see way too many tourists and a lot of commerce around the place. you wont see much of that at curu. it doesnt have some of the showiness of some of the larger places but it is very real and very home grown. i highly recommend going there. I have gone snorkeling, scuba diving and just on a regular nature hike there.

Cream Ridge, New...
1 post
10. Re: Curu Wildlife Refuge

I just went there and spent three days. I drove myself in. You could take a taxi. The place is beautiful. I rented one of there cabins. I spend the days hiking the trails in the area. I'll be writing a full review of the place soon. They don't speak much English there and it was pretty empty of other visitors. I pretty much had the whole beach to myself for two of the three days. There are mountains on either side of the beach with trails that go over them. The trails are short, but pretty strenuous.