We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HIGHEST Recommendation to Ylang Ylang Resort - but with tips

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 25
HIGHEST Recommendation to Ylang Ylang Resort - but with tips

I just stayed at Ylang Ylang Resort and it was outstanding, unusual, and totally memorable. After a week of questionable and overpriced accomodations elsewhere, it was a pleasure to check into my spotlessly clean and amazingly located beachfront bungalow. I felt a bit like Tom Hanks in Castaway, right on the beach, and at a hotel that you have to WALK 15 minutes to get to when it's high tide. I share a couple of tips learned on getting there from Jaco. First, pack as light as possible. I had rolling luggage, THANK GOD, which made it a lot easier to get to and get off of the "water taxi" from Jaco. I had to wade in and out, a la General MacArthur returning to The Philippines, to and from the boat. I don't know what I would have done with a big set of luggage. Next, if you want to avoid a punishing and unpleasant trip in the water taxi (no windshield, water in the face, bouncy, noisy, get the picture?) if you are going to or from the Nicoya Peninsula, I highly recommend a communter flight at the airport at Tambor. I was a little hesitant at first, but it ended up an amazing experience. The flight was smooth, fast, and only $96 from Tambor to San Jose. Pura Vida!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: HIGHEST Recommendation to Ylang Ylang Resort - but with tips

Thank you ...nice post...

roadadvisor

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 5
2. Re: HIGHEST Recommendation to Ylang Ylang Resort - but with tips

Great post - Thanks!

3. Re: HIGHEST Recommendation to Ylang Ylang Resort - but with tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 02, 2012