We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling around Costa Rica

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Traveling around Costa Rica

I have been to Costa Rica several times, but have always stayed at one destination. I plan on going the end of June and would like to travel from Quepos to Montezuma and end in Tamarindo. What is the best mode of transport?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Traveling around Costa Rica

You can try...Manuel Antonio to Jaco...and from Jaco to Montezuma by ater taxi...nice way...and you will sse some great Nicoya Gulf Islands...

Or just go...MA to Puntarenas...then the ferrry to Paquera then to Montezuma..

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Traveling around Costa Rica

Road Advisor is right - those are the two best ways - it kind of depends on your budget too. The bus to Puntarenas - then ferry to Paqurea - then bus to Montezuma is way way cheaper and pleasant but more time consuming.

The water taxi from Jaco (Herradura beach actually, just north of Jaco itself ) lands you right in Montezuma in just an hour, but costs around $40. - going this way, choose Zuma tours, they have the best equipment, are licensed and are safety conscious

To get from Montezuma to Tamarindo - same thing - it depends on your budget/time balance.

You can get a shuttle-ferry-shuttle (same shuttle, but you still need to take the ferry)

OR

bus - ferry - bus to Liberia, -another bus to Tamarindo

I have some bus/ferry details if you are interest in those options - the ferry times do change

Dunwoody, Georgia
reviews: 7
3. Re: Traveling around Costa Rica

rent a car, easy driving, I pretty much did your same trip over about 8 days, landed in LIR, drove to Puntarenas, ferry to Montezuma, back across ferry, drove to MA with a stop in Jaco, and then MA to Tamarindo, flew back out of LIR

4. Re: Traveling around Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 18, 2012