We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront in Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sidney, Canada
reviews: 68
Beachfront in Montezuma

Would really appreciate any suggestions for beachfront accomodation. Prefer to be close to town as we will not have a car. Many thanks! Just got back from CR (Samara, Monteverde, La Fortuna and Playa Hermosa Guanacaste) Loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back next year!

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
11. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

To the last post asking about Los Mangos

Nice place - not fancy, but lovely gardens and a great pool. A similar place is Amor de Mar (but no pool). Both are just a few minutes walk from town.

In that price range is also El Jardin, which is right in town.

A/C you would need to ask about at each place. Some rooms have it some don't

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 5
12. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

Thanks for your answer :)

It's now down to Amor del Mar or El Jardin. How far are those two from the center of the city and the beach?

Is one of them more safe than the other and is there any specific rooms we should try to get in either of the two?

At El Jardin it would be a room, not a cabin. Is ground floor or the second prefereble?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
13. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

El Jardin is right in town, 3 minute walk to the beach. The higher up the room the better the view so go for the second floor.

I am less familiar with Amor de Mar so someone else will have to chime in but it is right on the water as far as I know.

I would not say one is safer than another, pretty quiet in the area in those terms.

Cheers

Ocean City
reviews: 1
14. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

Check out the new spot, PROYECTO LODGE. RIght on the beach, in town and super view of the ocean and jungle. Plus, it is home to the great organization, Proyecto Montezuma. There are dorm rooms and private houses, it is cheap ($15 - 35) per room and the ocean view is incredible! There is a huge back deck with hammocks, you will never want to leave!

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
15. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

Amor de Mar v El Jardin

El Jardin is right in town (more noise, but has a pool)

Amor de Mar is a few minutes walk out, no pool, but a lovely waterfront lawn

I happily recommend both, so pick what's important to you

Ocean City, Maryland
16. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

I just returned last week. We stayed at hotel El JArdin, not the cheapest, we paid 90 usd, for a 2 bed with pool and night security. I n my opinion great location. I have stayed there twice and enjoy it, sometimes you can hear the music from Chicos bar. There isn't a safe in the room. The rooms are clean and good sized with AC.

Enjoy Pura Vida!!

Toronto, Canada
17. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

What a surprise to find outstanding itallian food in small town Montezuma! We have just returned and already find ourselves craving the amazing, warm, crunchy scatchetini sandwiches and fresh made pizza's from Allegro! Tironia served amazing pasta's...our fav's were the spaghetti bolognese and the rose pasta with bacon and mushrooms....mmmmmm!

We ate at Cocolores twice and enjoyed all of our selections although our group was divided when it came to the much recommended deep fried shrimp & squid. Personally I couldn't finish because of the overbearing burnt oil flavor. Skip the breaded meal for the delicious seafood pasta in white wine sauce or the enormous jumbo shrimp skewers!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
18. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

Amor de Mar is about 15 minutes walk to town...dusty road...

roadadv isor

Seattle, Washington
19. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

My family of 5 stayed at Ivan's House for four days in August 2011 and loved it. When we first arrived, we knew we made the right choice. The home was a perfect size for us all (adults stayed in air conditioned upstairs room, while boys stayed in 2 downstairs bedrooms, each with a bathroom attached). The home is a funky, unique oasis just a one minute walk from the center of Montezuma. We never actually cooked because Montezuma has many great restaurants to choose from, but we did eat breakfast at home and enjoyed having a full kitchen for that meal. I had the best nap of my life, swaying in the hammock on the covered lanai, listening to the sounds of the jungle on one side of the house and the ocean waves on the other. Ivan, the owner, was absolutely fantastic and took great care to ensure all our needs were met. If you go and don't mind a challenging hike, absolutely don't miss the Montezuma waterfalls. The trail starts just about 1/8 mile from Ivan's House. Also, the Zuma Tour trip to Tortuga Island was great fun. We also used Zuma to hire a driver/guide to take us to neighboring beaches at Malpais/Santa Theresa. Those were great too, but I'm glad we chose to stay in Montezuma. Great pick for adventure seekers!

20. Re: Beachfront in Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 03, 2011