We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk, Virginia
reviews: 13
Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

Has anyone done the 1 day tour to Tortuga Island from Montezuma with Zuma Tours? Would you say it's worth the money? How's the snorkeling? How about the food?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

It's a fun trip, I did it once. Can be a little crowded on the boat but the island is great. Food was fresh and tasty. Snorkeling was not great but you can grab a sea kayak and go exploring, find your own little deserted beach. You will most likely see Dolphins and maybe a Manta Ray jumping (I have seen some HUGE rays in the ocean here) , also possible to see whales although I did not on that trip with Zuma, I have seen them while on my buddies boat.

In a nutshell, yes I think it is worth it.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

It is a nice way to admire some of our Nicoya Gulf Islands...and Tortuga is a nice little island as well!

roadadvisor

calgary
reviews: 30
3. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

We did it a couple of weeks ago, and Incabod is right on.

FYI, If you plan on doing any extras on the island you have to pay for EVERYTHING, including using restrooms :-(

That being said, we did enjoy the tour

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

It's a complete friggin' bargain.

For whole day including lunch, snorkeling & boat trip?

Zuma is absolutely the best outfir to got with.

North Vancouver...
reviews: 10
5. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

Just returned from CR/ Montezuma with a very negative experience of Zuma Tours in an otherwise great trip. This was for their Tortuga Island day trip. It was the only time I felt someone was actually out to deceive me and rip me off - from 2 independent Zuma associates. I made an inquiry online through the Zuma Tours website and was given a quote by Humberto and also told this was high season and they are booked weeks in advance. I wasn't able to find other rate info on tne web so took the plunge and booked. When I got to Montezuma I inquired at the Zuma Tours booth about their prices for a walk-up reservation and was shocked to find I had paid DOUBLE online. The second insult came when I pointed out the difference to the Zuma employee at the counter and he baldly lied to my face when he said that actualy he had made a mistake in quoting me the walk-up price and the double price was accurate. When I asked if they would only charge me the regular rate, Zuma Tours was completely unrepentant and curt and said I had signed an agreement - end of story. The last insult came when my wife and I arrived and found that in fact we were the only 2 people for this portion of the tour - so much for 'book early because we're busy. So my advice -don't book online with Zuma, shop around when you're in the area. While the quality of the actual tour was good, just check tha the rate you're paying is adequately competitive.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 31
6. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

I found zuma to be a very nice company. I thought the tour was a nice bargain. We saw dolphins and whales along the way. The lunch was great and the beer/soda was good and included. the snorkeling was just Ok. The beach is lovely and a nice way to spend the day. I will warn you the island you have to pay to use the restroom and everything cost, even to go on the trail to see the island you can horseback, kayak . There is a small gift shop too. I thought it was a good bargain. I think it was nice day trip but not a must do.

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

Thank you for let us know about Zuma Tours...most of the time advice people to book once they are here...some times are good deals around...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

A couple of days ago went to the Tortuga Island Tour with Zuma Tours. 5 star service, great food. My reservation was handle in advance via internet and I have no complains. Everything was handle beautifully. I recommend this Zuma Tours, Tour Operator 100%

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

Also good company with a great boat...CALYPSO ISLAND TOUR...they have had been sailing to Tortuga Island longer than anybody...

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
10. Re: Tortuga Island with Zuma Tours

May 20, 2011

Big Confusion!!!

We apologize for the over payment & we already made changes about that issue. I´ll explain it to you:

I personally showed myself and talked to you a couple of times, and explained you the reality. We also gave you 2 extra diving immersions free for the inconvenient.

The problem was that you booked your tour online through an agency, and not directly through our web site.

We already contacted this agency and made it very clear what our rates are and that we don´t agree that they are using our name for their marketing, so we don´t have to go through this again.

We did our best on this. Thanks.

Javier Quesada

Management & Sales