We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Activities in Montezuma

My boyfriend and I are heading to Montezuma in May for a couple of days.. Im wondering about activities and inexpensive restaurant suggestions..

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,966 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Activities in Montezuma

A hike to Montezuma waterfall...Sano Banano restaurant...

roadadvisor

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
332 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Activities in Montezuma

Many activities walk to several waterfalls, playa grande beach is a beautiful beach to walk to. the bakery is a nice place to eat. sano banano has a movie every night if you eat there. You can zipline, go to tortuga island, rent atv, hike parks, horseback, yoga see my trip report was there last week.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,106 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Activities in Montezuma

agree with the above. It is a small town, I really liked the movie nights when I was there. Some nice waterfalls in the area. Playa Artistas restaurant is very good. Tortuga Island is worth a day trip.

Cheers

Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Activities in Montezuma

I agree with the waterfall hike - to Monetzuma Falls (there are a c ouple of waterfalls so be sure of where you are going)

Other good value tours are horseback rides to El Chorro waterfalls , or Tortuga Island tours (Zuma tours is the way best tour operator).

Sano Banano is far from cheap - a friend from the US took us there the other night and I was astonished to see $25 price tags on main courses. Great food & variety, but for economy you're better at one of the local sodas or pizza/pasta places.

Montesol soda, Soda Naranjo or the pizza place on the corner or the one by the creek in front of the bus station.

Also El Dorado is great as is the Shwarma place (but their opening hourse are a bit sporadic)

I would avoid the Hotel Moncetzuma (the bread is good, but everything else seems to inconsistent) and the soda up near Jenny's hostal - people have had tummy complaints from there

Ocean City
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: Activities in Montezuma

You have to check out Proyecto Montezuma! (Go surfing with Manuel and Maykol!)

It is a non-profit school and tour company and you can book all activities through them to help support the local english school!

www.proyectomontezuma.org

Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Activities in Montezuma

Proyecto Montezuma office was closed down last week due to some weird municpal zoning issue. Still contact them - they are still in business, you just need to find a different way to contact them - email? If I get an email address I will post it.

Ocean City
4 posts
1 review
7. Re: Activities in Montezuma

Proyecto Montezuma is open. There is an office in montezuma center and the Proyecto Lodge on the beach. You can find staff at both locations.

Here is the website: www.proyectomontezuma.org

Email: proyectomontezuma@gmail.com

Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Activities in Montezuma

Excellent news, I am very glad to hear it

9. Re: Activities in Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 23, 2012