We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Trip-3/2-3/8; Need Location Suggestions

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.
reviews: 27
Last Minute Trip-3/2-3/8; Need Location Suggestions

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are booking a spontaneous trip to C.R. tonight and figuring out our specific destinations afterwards :).

I've traveled through the country before but he has not and I would love to see it all but it's look like we must condense and make the most of our 8 days there.

We both love places that are off the beaten track, hidden gems if you will. We've looked at Montezuma and Dominical thus far, does anyone else have any recommendations of locations to stop along the way or a completely different suggestion of where to go?

Clearly we aren't set on anything yet and are completely open to suggestion! A tour of the rainforest, volcano, beach would be lovely but I know it's hard to fit it all in. We just warm, sunny and fun!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Last Minute Trip-3/2-3/8; Need Location Suggestions

SJO to Arenal...then to Manuel Antonio...Dominical...back to SJO...

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 105
2. Re: Last Minute Trip-3/2-3/8; Need Location Suggestions

If you want to go somewhere that there's more animals than people head to the Osa Penninsula-it's incredible! You could go there for 3 nights and then head to Dominical for a few days-make sure to go to Manuel Atonio national park at least one time when you're in that area. :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

U.S.
reviews: 27
3. Re: Last Minute Trip-3/2-3/8; Need Location Suggestions

Thank you for the suggestion! Do you think there's another area we should concentrate on or would this be a nice unique area to visit? Do we need a guided tour or can we putter around on our own :) ?

Thank you again!

4. Re: Last Minute Trip-3/2-3/8; Need Location Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 23, 2012