We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clarita...
reviews: 3
Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

Arriving at SJO at midnight. Is it safe to take a taxi to the Coca Cola bus terminal in the middle of the night to catch the 6am shuttle to Montezuma?

Puerto Viejo de...
reviews: 35
1. Re: Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

NO. Absolutely not! Especially if you plan to hang out there all night and wait. The Coca Cola Bus station is in a bad neighborhood and even in the day you have to be very cautious.

Stay in Alajuela and get a shuttle from there to Montezuma. If you stay at Vida Tropical, (http://www.vidatropical.com/ $50.00 ten minutes from the airport) Isabel will tell you how to do it. And Montezuma is west of the airport, San Jose (& Coca Cola bus station) is east - why go an hour east and the have to go that extra hour west again the next day?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

No way...do not even think about it...better to stay around International terminal...

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

Definitley not!

I take that 6am bus to Monte regularly.

I see your choices as -

1) Like Roadadvisor says - stay near the airport & taxi into the Coca Cola in the morning

2) Taxi in to somewhere to stay in San Jose

3) If you don't want to/ can't afford to shell out for somewhere to stay for those few hours - hang out at the airport and taxi in to Coca Cola in the morning.

A few things to note -

Tthere are no food outlets or shops in the main part of the airport.

While the Montezuma bus from Coca Cola drives right past the airport, there is no guarantee it will stop or it may be full, so while it seems like a wasted journey to go into town, it means you get your seat on the bus for sure. Arrive at least a 1/2 hour early.

There is a police presence there, so violent crime is highly unlikely inside the terminal during the day, but theft is! So do not take your eyes off your bags even for a few seconds. Have your taxi drop you off inside the terminal, not outside.

The Montezuma bus is the same as the Malpais/Santa Teresa one - so the sign on the front of it may say any of these. For Monte, you will change bus in Cobano

You can PM me if you want any more info on the journey or arrival in Monte

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

Sorry - I just read the rest of Nueva Vidas post,

Yes - a stay in Alajuela & a shuttle in the morning is another option - it saves you the double journey & certainly is the easiest, but more expensive

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

Thanks for the information. I kind of thought it was not such a good idea. Specially since we're a mother daughter duo traveling.

I think we're going with Montezuma Expeditions airport shuttle.

6. Re: Coca Cola bus terminal in San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 17, 2012