We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants/groceries-

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
restaurants/groceries-

Anyone been to any good restaurants lately? Ive read somewhere that there are good Italian restaurants in playa las manchas?

We will be in Montezuma in 2 weeks, where is the best place to get groceries/meat etc? thanks!

Montreal
reviews: 2
1. Re: restaurants/groceries-

There are two grocery stores in Montezuma, though when it comes to meat I've only seen it frozen there. For better selection, you may want to head to Cobano. We liked the Super Maya there. There's a meat shop, a delicatessen...

On Saturdays there's a market in the park in Montezuma. We went last Saturday only. Got good bread and smoked fish. The people selling veggies arrived a bit late, around 10:30, and wouldn't let anyone buy anything before they were done setting up so we left. They seemed to have a good selection though.

I've been told that for fish in Montezuma, it's a guy with a blue cooler in the trunk of a pickup truck, but have yet to see him and we are leaving in a couple days.

As far as restaurants, we haven't tried that many. Our favorite by far was Playa de los artistes. It's rather expensive though. Cocolores was more affordable, and pretty good, though I didn't like the shrimp much. We had breakfast at Ylang Ylang and it was quite good. I hear their other meals are real good too. Oh, we also stopped at Soda Naranja for breakfast and it was good, and inexpensive.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: restaurants/groceries-

The fish guy - his name is Vim - he does exist ( I promise!) his number is 8822 2165. He travels between Cabuya, Montezuma & Cobano. You can call for his scheule on any day

Instead of the Monday market, I prefer the fruit & veg shop run by a friendly mother & daughter it is just near where the Montezuma bus stops. The best days to shop there are Monday & Friday when they get their deliveries. By Wednesday they are a bit sparse and by Thursday - unless you want yucca or beetroot - forget it.

For meat, defintely one of the butcher shops in Cobano - In Montezuma all you can get is frozen stuff, and in limited supply. I like the shop across from the ferreteria - and they have smoked pork chops (chuletas ahumadas). But know that a lot of their stuff is frozen too

They will let you leave your stuff there too so you don't have to carry it around .

In Montezuma, The Bakery is a good place for breakfast. Like Khava - I don't eat out much. But I have heard that the new Dorado restaurant does good food, and also the Lebanese Shawarma place - but their opening hours are a bit sporadic.

Montreal
3. Re: restaurants/groceries-

Oh, I had forgotten the Bakery Café. We stopped by twice, once with yellabrickcr :) We all had a latte, which were good.

First time though my boyfriend made the mistake of ordering a smoothie type drink and it was sooooo sweet, he couldn't drink it. Mind, if you're a sugar bug, you'll love it! If not, when you ask for smoothies, ask them not to add sugar :)

Montreal
4. Re: restaurants/groceries-

One last restaurant: Puggo's. We went there tonight. The food was delicious and affordable. For quality vs price, can't beat this one :)

If you go, try their lime and mint slush (I think they called it a smoothie, but it was more like what we would call a slush) and for an extra treat, have it with vodka. Yumm!

Montezuma, Costa...
5. Re: restaurants/groceries-

lol Khava

sin azucar, con vodka!

New York City, New...
6. Re: restaurants/groceries-

playa de los artistas, langoro allegro is the B E S T pizza in town i wanted to write a great review of the 4x we ate there but its not on here, bakery cafe for amazing breakfast, sano banano, and heard puggos has great burgers from another NYker.

playa las manchas is a very very small beach its not what it sounds like online. the 'italian restaurant' at manchas that i went looking for turned out to not be there at all. i love love loved this beach its beautiful and never very crowded. but there is a fenced off group of houses that maybe used to be Oasi restaurant? otherwise there is nothing else there but the ocean and it is about 10 min walk down the road from playa de los artistas.

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: restaurants/groceries-

Casa de los Artistas...such a nice creative chef...great food!

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
8. Re: restaurants/groceries-

Mariposa - I just noticed you are from Waterloo! I used to live in Guelph. LOL - also I have a horse called Mariposa

One other place I forgot to mention - if you want typical decent CR food, is the soda Monte Sol in the main street.

There is another soda up the hill by the football field & Hostal Jenny AVOID IT - I know people who have been ill after eating there & my husband found a cockroach in his coffee cup.

However the pizza place in front of it - across from the bus station is very good - (can't remember the name - something like Tironelli).

For a pricey treat - also you can try Ylang Ylang on the beach or Anamaya on the hills above the town. I've heard wonderful things about both

Buen Provecho!

9. Re: restaurants/groceries-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, February 10, 2012