We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma/Delicias Transportation

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Montezuma/Delicias Transportation

Hi again!

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on transportation in and around Montezuma. We were looking to rent a 4x4 to hold 7 of us, but it's quite expensive. Any thoughts? Are there any locals that rent out vehicles or would ATVs work better? Does anyone have any rates for those???

Thanks!!

Woodinville...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Montezuma/Delicias Transportation

Just returned from Montezuma. There are many ATVs speeding up and down the road. I heard that they were very expensive. Can't remember the rate but do recall that renting a car was less expensive. We stayed in a Cabina at Las Manchas. Great place with great staff about 1/3 of the way to Cabuya. Juan Carlos (staff) arranged for a rental car to be delivered from Mal Pais to our Cabina. The delivery charge was $25.00. The rental rate was $65.00/day with no extra charges for mileage and no need to refill gas tank.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 85
2. Re: Montezuma/Delicias Transportation

FYI, Montezuma is quite easy to walk around, with hotels, shops, beaches and restaurants in walking distance. Also, there are shuttles that operate regularly to other places, such as Mal Pais.

Woodinville...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Montezuma/Delicias Transportation

I agree with Snorkel-Luvin....walking in and around Montezuma is very easy. We stayed halfway between Montzuma and Cabuya. The walk in either direction was pleasant in the mornings and evenings. Hot in February during the afternoon but not impossible. I was even able to walk from Montezuma to Cabuya and back with little difficulty even though I was recovering from a broken heel. There is a bus that constantly goes back and forth between the two villages as well. The bus always had room and was inexpensive but only needed when going to the bank in Cobano. We rented a car for a few days to go to the Arenal Volcano. My husband would tell you we rented the car for the air conditioning as he was having difficulty with the heat.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 85
4. Re: Montezuma/Delicias Transportation

Yes, we walked the road to Cabuya also. We stayed at the Amor de Mar, which was great. Shortly after you leave Amor de Mar, there is a little river and waterfall that comes down to the road and monkeys play around there and in the trees in the mornings before 8:30 a.m., then again around 5 p.m.