We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fave activities

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Canada
reviews: 4
fave activities

Heading to Montezuma later this month and am looking for advice on activities worth doing. We're always up just for hanging out/beaching/getting to know the area but would hate to miss a must-see/must-do.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
1. Re: fave activities

the definite and easy must see must do is montezuma falls. from the road it's about a 20-30 minute hike to the falls. it''s well worth a few hours of relaxing. take drinks and lunch. search youtube for montezuma falls and you'll know what i mean.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: fave activities

Hi There,

Why not look up on 'Things to Do' under Montezuma on Trip Advisor? People's favourites are listed there with commentaries.

The Montezuma waterfall is a must. Other ideas are Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve, horseback ride along the beach to Cocolito waterfall, snorkelling at Tortuga island, you can also go fishing if that is up your alley.

Lazing in a hammock is an absolute must too.

Are you really from Moncton? I used to live there and was amazed to run into a couple from there a few days ago, here in Montezuma, and now you too : )

Moncton, Canada
3. Re: fave activities

Of course I'm, really from Moncton (would anyone make that up??), small world at times isn't it.

We'll be staying at the Butterfly Gardens so the waterfall is on our list as I believe it's very close. Is it the waterfall that everyone talks about or is there a bigger, "better" one?

As far as activities go we really like to enjoy the outdoors, hiking etc. not so into the touristy stuff like ziplines, horseback riding (as my husband's family has always owned horses).

Cabo Blanco, Curu, Tortuga Island...any recommendations/thoughts? We have 4 days then after Montezuma we're headed to Drake Bay so will be in Corcovado for a day and also to Cano Island . don't want to duplicate activities too much.

Thought the photo tour looked interesting but my hubby not as into photography as I.

PS Yellabrickcr-maybe we can have a Moncton reunion!

Montreal
reviews: 2
4. Re: fave activities

Hello there,

I'm the person from Moncton yellabrickcr was referring to :) Actually from Bathurst, but have lived in Moncton a few years for school.

My boyfriend and I did Cabo Blanco last week. We enjoyed it but be aware you should be in reasonably good shape to consider it. It is a 4 km hike to the beach, in the jungle (then 4 km to come back) and it's a hilly region, so plenty of going up and down. Also very hot - bring water. Our reflection after the hike was that 10$ to get in is asking for a bit much, with the lack of facilities, the state of the trail, etc. I mean, access to national parks in Canada costs less and there are more facilities/services. No matter, we quite enjoyed it, because we enjoy the physical activity, the jungle, the views... It's a pretty beach at the end but not really somewhere I'd want to swim. We saw many birds, a biiiig spider (think it was an orb spider), monkeys and coatis. Oh, and a squirrel.

We will probably do Curu within the next two weeks so I should be able to tell you our impressions, and which we preferred. Of course, it's all a matter of personal taste and interests...

One last note, if you do the horseback ride, which sounds like you won't... but anyway, if you do and aren't used to riding, plan on 2 days of pain after... We are still recuperating, but we LOVED it!

Moncton, Canada
5. Re: fave activities

Khava...Did I say small world? We are both from Bathurst also, but a different era than you I would guess. We don't mind a vigorous hike, it makes the lazing on the beach and hammocking guilt-free. Thanks for the input on Cabo Blanco.

It sounds like you'll still be there when we get there...I'll look for you!

Montreal
6. Re: fave activities

You'll probably like Cabo Blanco then. Oh, another thing, no bathroom at the end of the trail! lol...

The way I see it, we're on vacation... I need nothing more to feel guilt-free for the lazing all day :D

We will be here until the 21st of January. When are you coming, and where are you staying?

Moncton, Canada
7. Re: fave activities

We'll be arriving the 17th for our stay at Mariposario MOntezuma...getting very excited to check out the area.

Montreal
8. Re: fave activities

Ah yes, now I remember you saying that before.

Well, we'll still be here for a few days when you arrive, perhaps we'll see you around :)

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
9. Re: fave activities

Lennoxcat from Moncton! Yeah - sure, who would ever pretend to be from Moncton if they weren't. lol

Tuannis! I see Khava picked up here as well. Maybe we can all have a beer together at Chicos. (possibly a must do activity : )

The Mariposario (Butterfly Garden) is great - and the people who run it are super cool.

If you need any advice on buses/transport, etc just let me know, I've done the trip so many times I can't remember

Montreal
10. Re: fave activities

Just back from Curu Wildlife Refuge. My personal opinion, if you were to do just one between Curu and Cabo Blanco, I'd pick Curu without hesitation. Cabo Blanco is great if you want a workout... :D But Curu is more fun. The trails are better maintained. Not as exhausting so you can pay more attention to the jungle and wildlife. It's kinda fun when you arrive, too, as you drive in the middle of this cattle field, you have to wait for them to get out of your way... The beach is very pretty and the mangrove is fascinating. There are apparently crocodiles but we didn't spot any. We did try though! There's this little flimsy wooden bridge that goes over the estuary where you can apparently spot the crocodiles. Kinda scary! Actually, you can have a look at my picture:

www.facebook.com/photo.php…

There are much more facilities at Curu than at Cabo Blanco, and we ended up having lunch there. I used my mangled Spanish to ask if we could buy food. We paid for it without even knowing what we were buying... We had chicken, rice and beans with a side of veggies and a bit of fries, it was quite good. We kinda think it's the meal they cook for the employees there, and they let us have some. Not sure though.

We were reflecting on the way back that it might take 2 days to see it all in Curu, and we liked it enough that we would probably go back if we had time left.