We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Montezuma to Samara

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Driving from Montezuma to Samara

Hello,

I'm planning a 3 week trip to Costa Rica in January with my wife and young kids. We are planning to stay near Montezuma (Cabuya) for 10 days and then Samara for the other 10. We are going to rent a 4x4 and I'm wondering what is the best route to Samara from Montezuma. Do current conditions make driving up along the coast a reasonable option? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you have any thoughts or recommendations for traveling with little kids here I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
1. Re: Driving from Montezuma to Samara

I would not put my family in that much danger, take ferry across the gulf and go the normal way, it won't take any longer anyways.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Driving from Montezuma to Samara

I definitely agree with Cubanon.

Drive from Montezuma to the Paquera-Puntarenas ferry, after the ferry, then out to the highway and head north and turn off the highway to drive to Samara.

It seems like a way longer a route if you are just looking at a map, but it is so much easier

3. Re: Driving from Montezuma to Samara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 28, 2011