We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma or Nosara or...

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 2
Montezuma or Nosara or...

We will be in Costa Rica with a 5 year old and 1 year old from July 13-26. I haven't been to CR in 20 years, but went to Montezuma and loved it.

We want a beautiful house on the beach and easy restaurants/coffee/etc.. The water should be calm and clean and pretty. Originally, I assumed we would go to Montezuma, but I don't know how overrun it is and whether it is so hippified it is obnoxious (i.e. will there be people sleeping on the beach in front of our house?).

Then, I looked into Nosara, which also seems awesome, but looks like it might not have the walking to get coffee in the morning thing. We mostly just want to chill out, eat good food and see the beach and lots of jungle wildlife (monkeys, sloths etc).

Any thoughts?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
1. Re: Montezuma or Nosara or...

Water is not so calm in Norara, well known for its surf, maybe try Samara near by.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Montezuma or Nosara or...

Hi There,

Nosara is beautiful, but very spread out, so not so great for walking out for breakfast, morning coffee & meals. The beach is lovely but there are riptide, so maybe not so good for kids either.

Samara is a more condensed town, but still on that open coast, so has the same riptides

Montezuma is, I think, your best bet. There are a number of beach house options, and because it is located around the corner of the penninsula, doesn't get the same rough open ocean, although we do get waves. It's tiny & condensed, so there are loads of restaurants withing easy walking distance

I can get you a list, or at least give you an email for someone who can tell you about beach houses. The only one I know by name is 'Ivan's House' but I think it may be too big for your needs, there are other smaller ones too

3. Re: Montezuma or Nosara or...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2011