We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, New...
reviews: 63
Transportation to Montezuma

We are a family of 5 (children 8, 5, and 3) trying to get to Montezuma. I've been reading around and have decided that a shuttle/taxi boat would be our best bet. Can anyone recommend someone who can provide that transportation? We have travelled to CR several times before and I think the per person options seem pricey (eg. $30/person for the shuttle portion from airport to Jaco).

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
1. Re: Transportation to Montezuma

Zuma Tours for the taxi boat.

Did Zuma Tours quote you the $30pp from airport to taxi boat?

When do you arrive? Are you planning on spending the night in Jaco? Are you getting a private boat or taking the scheduled taxi boat.

More info will help us give you better answers.

Westfield, New...
reviews: 63
2. Re: Transportation to Montezuma

Thank you! Yes, I think I've heard Zuma mentioned before. I think I heard $40/person for the taxi boat, but I haven't contacted them directly yet. I'll get in touch with them.

We're coming in February. In the past we've stayed a night at Marea Brava in Playa Hermosa en route to other places, but we're only in CR for 8 nights and want to take advantage of exploring the Nicoya Peninsula.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
3. Re: Transportation to Montezuma

Contact Zuma Tours and see what they will offer. The taxi boat only leaves once a day, at 10:30am from Jaco I believe. I think they have a kids price. You can also charter your own boat through Zuma Tours to go at your convience.

If Zuma Tours gives you a high quote for a ride from the airport to Jaco then hire a private driver on your own. There are a bunch of drivers recommended on this forum. We always use Juan Carlos , tjtransfers@gmail.com roadadvisor on this forum is also a private driver that is well liked.

If you stay at a hotel in Jaco for the night they will also be able to offer you a driver. They usually charge a bit more so they can get their cut, just business.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Transportation to Montezuma

Thank you mrolfes nice of you...yes I do that transfer all the time...send me a message...SJO...Jaco

roadadvisor

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Transportation to Montezuma

The shuttle to the taxi boat in Jaco (it is in fact just north of Jaco in a town called Herradura) is one option, and if you do that Zuma Tours is defintely the best water taxi to go with, but for 5 of you it will definitely be pricey, as you will pay for both the shuttle and the taxi boat.

Another option is just to shuttle all the way. The shuttle picks you up, takes you to the 1 hour ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera and you re-board the shuttle on the other side. I think this way will be cheaper for you, but it does take a little longer. Puntarenas is a little bit farther than Jaco, you get a slowish ferry ride across the gulf rather than a speedboat, and there is a 45 - 60 min ride on the shuttle at the other end. Both the ferry and the ride from Paquera to Montezuma are very pleasant though. The ferry also has the advantage of bathrooms for the kids and a snack bar. Also more options for timing as there are 4 or 5 ferries a day as opposed to only 1 water taxi.

I can get the name & number of the shuttle company that I know does this in Montezuma if you like. I have it , it will just take a wee bit of digging around. I can also check the price later on today when I am in town, but I think you could get the whole shuttle including the ferry for about the same as you would pay for just the taxi boat alone.

I hope this helps rather than confuses matters! Just let me know if you want the shuttle info.

6. Re: Transportation to Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2011