We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Frangipani

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
reviews: 2
Casa Frangipani

We are planning on staying at Casa Frangipani near Montezuma in January. It looks like a wonderful place, but what concerns me is I see very little information or comments about this place. Nothing in the forums. A few reviews on the property's Trip Advisor page (tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS) but they all date from January 2010. Nothing before, nothing after.

Has anyone stayed there? I would love to hear your comments!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Casa Frangipani

I just wrote in another post than in a daily basis we have so many new or old houses or villas for rent all over the country...

I love the name FRANGIPANI...let us know if you find anything about it...

Roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

Let me know if you have any more questions

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
2. Re: Casa Frangipani

www.vrbo.com/273618

nice place nice area at a nice prive for a villa...

Have fun,

Montreal
3. Re: Casa Frangipani

roadadvisor, I did much research online before paying the deposit (via Paypal), and found the place posted on several sites. It's just that it seems to be new (2009) and all the reviews I was able to find date from around the same time, which seemed a little weird to me. But I didn't find anything to indicate it could be a scam or something, I checked who the website belongs to and it matched with the information they provide... so I made the reservation. It would have been reassuring to find people talking about the place in the forums though!

qwovadis, does that mean you know personnally of the place?

Thanks both for your comments!

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Casa Frangipani

Thank you very much for your kind response...I hope that everything is going to be OK for you and your family...please let us know how it was...since I have no idea where the villa or house is?

Roadadavisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

Let me know if you have any more questions

Montreal
5. Re: Casa Frangipani

Update... Additional information on Casa Frangipani can be found on their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/casafrangipani

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Casa Frangipani

Thank you...good to know!

roadadvisor

Montreal
7. Re: Casa Frangipani

Well, we are at Casa Frangipani now and we just love it :)

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
8. Re: Casa Frangipani

Glad you are enjoying your time there Khava, we will be there on Jan 31. I remember you said that the kitchen isnt very equiped. Is there anything you suggest to bring from home, for kitchen or otherwise? Have you done the falls yet? We will not have a car, do you think its a big deal? we are in pretty good shape, not afraid of walking :) when is your last day, sad to go ?

Montreal
9. Re: Casa Frangipani

We are leaving for San Jose tomorrow morning, flying back home early Saturday. Yes, so sad to go! Especially since the weather forecast for Montreal Saturday is extremely cold. It will be hard to go from +30 to -30 Celsius! Ok, ok, I exaggerate, it's only -14 Saturday and -19 Sunday... :(

As for the kitchen, hmmm.. Depends on what you normally use. Might be easier if I tell you what there IS! There is a wine bottle opener and can opener, a grater (but for very big grating, no good for say, lemon zest). A set of measuring cups. There are plenty of utensils and dishes, although no tongs. There is a nice set of knives but no steak knives.

For cooking there is one big pot, a smallish sauce pan and a medium sized frying pan. There is a big plastic strainer, not one of the fine metal ones. For cooking in the oven there is a medium sized pyrex casserole (no cover), a pan for the oven, a big stoneware pot without cover (like this http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/139/3/AAAAAmzC390AAAAAATk2Ow.jpg?v=1219587808000) and finally, a small coffee maker.

Mind you, the "equipment" may differ from villa to villa. I think if you ask for something there is a good chance they will find it for you.

As for the falls, yes, we went. We walked down to Montezuma and then up to the falls, but learned later that there is a trail leaving the grounds here (behind the tree house) that leads to the top of a waterfall, not sure which one, as there are 3. Just ask the people who work here and they will show you.

Not having a car is a bit of a drag because the walk down to Montezuma is pretty steep. If you use the road, it's no fun at all. It's a dirt road that zig-zags. My feet keep sliding on the loose gravel, and when cars go by it gets really dusty. Plus, well, it's hot. Going up the hill to come back is a workout.

That said, the two other couples currently in Villas 1 and 2 (who you might get to meet!) don't have a car and they seem to be getting along just fine. By talking to the neighbors we all found out there is a trail through the woods to go down to Montezuma, which the locals use. It's still steep, but it's not gravel, there is no dust and you get to see lots of wildlife. It's a bit shorter too, I think. All in all, a much nicer way to go. We've been told that the people who live along that trail let their dogs out at night so only use it in the day time. I went 2 or 3 times through that trail so far and no problem whatsoever. You emerge almost right on the beach, too. Just make sure you ask someone to point it out for you!

10. Re: Casa Frangipani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, January 22, 2012