We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 1
Snorkeling

I did it. Even went out there a little after sunrise, as advertised. Visibility was horrible, apparently if you had brought some hardcore snorkeling gear you could dive in right by the rocks and then you could finally see something.

I actually didn't make it there until 2 hours after sunrise. If you want to snorkel...

a) Don't expect too much

b) Go earlier than I did

c) Take the tour out to that island

To get there you have to leave town and head towards Playa de las Artistas and pass the waterfall area. It took 20-25 min. from the center of town.

Michigan
reviews: 1
1. Re: Snorkeling

(20-25 min. walking)

Ahsahka, Idaho
reviews: 12
2. Re: Snorkeling

Time of day doesn't have any thing to do with water clearity, low tide does. Snorkle at low tide for the clearest water. Look for protected areas, esp. behind rocks and points, tide pools. The Isla Tortuga snorkle tours are alright, but very crowded. I would try to hire a boat to take you out to some more private areas to snorkle. Enjoy, but leave no trace, only foot prints in the sand.

nj
3. Re: Snorkeling

Isla Cabuya free and realy nice.

4. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 21, 2009