We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Montezuma?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 9
What to do in Montezuma?

We have been planning our one big trip before the kids go to college and decided on Montezuma because we understood there were horses to rent and horse tours to take. We spoke to a rep from a tour company in Montezuma today who said there were no horse tours available except at one hotel, but only for their own guests. Now were concerned that we've spent lots of money for a trip that isn't at all what we had envisioned. Are there any suggestions for what to do in Montezuma for a family on a modest but not extreme budget. We need help saving our vacation!!

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 69
1. Re: What to do in Montezuma?

Horses for rent are about as difficult to find in Costa Rica as it is to find sand on a beach - and that includes Montezuma. You won't have a problem finding tour operators to take you on horse tours.

Here's just one:

zumatours.net/activities_and_services.html

Michigan
reviews: 2
2. Re: What to do in Montezuma?

Don't forget that if you have a car (or even if you don't) you can just head up/down the coast to some of the other beach towns. Each has it's ups and downsides I think.

Virginia
reviews: 9
3. Re: What to do in Montezuma?

Hi. Actually it was Humberto at Zuma Tours that told me that there were no more horses available in Montezuma, other than at Nature Lodge, where he said that they are just for the guests. Finally, I tracked down "Indiana, Montezuma". She is Deanne and is originally from Indiana and has horses for a beach ride and waterfall tour. She is also a vet. She told me that there were at least 2 other horse operators to choose from there. We plan to ride with her.

4. Re: What to do in Montezuma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 20, 2009