We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Tamirindo to Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Getting from Tamirindo to Montezuma

Headed to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in late March/early April. Our first stop is going to be the Tamarindo area, then we were looking to head down to Montezuma. Are there bus routes that take you from Tamarindo to Montezuma? We're trying our hardest not to have to rent a car. Thanks!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 5
1. Re: Getting from Tamirindo to Montezuma

I'm doing the same in late may and was wondering if anyone knew the best bus routes on this path. Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 26
2. Re: Getting from Tamirindo to Montezuma

I think you will have to take a bus to Liberia, then to Nicoya and then to Montezuma.

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 57
3. Re: Getting from Tamirindo to Montezuma

There is a private shuttle bus running from Tamarindo to Montezuma, run by Tropical Tours (phone 26401900). Price is $45 per person. It is a long journey, as the road deteriorates dramatically south of Nicoya. Journey time around 4-5hrs. This is the quickest and most comfortable route.

As far as I am aware the bus from Liberia will take you to Puntarenas, ferry to Paquera, bus to Montezuma. Fastest travel time around 6 hours, plus add at least another hour to get from Tamarindo to Liberia. Cheap, but expect delays.

4. Re: Getting from Tamirindo to Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, October 26, 2009