We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

were to stay

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
reviews: 53
were to stay

i am taking my girlfriend to montezuma. i have been before but only stayed in hostels. were should we stay (a/c is a must) is montezuma butterfly gardens to far of a walk

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
1. Re: were to stay

What's your budget? We LOVED Ylang Ylang.

North Carolina
2. Re: were to stay

If you are more on a budget, we really enjoyed the Amor de Mar. The rooms are not too exciting, but the property is amazing.

3. Re: were to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, February 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 5
4. Re: were to stay

Does anyone know if a vehicle is necessary if staying at Agua Vista? It seems to be close to everything in Montezuma, and I was hoping that everything in the area was walkable.

5. Re: were to stay

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 am, February 23, 2010
louisville
reviews: 1
6. Re: were to stay

One thing I noticed during my stays in Montezuma is that there are not alot of places with AC. Ylang Ylang only recently got AC and it is more of an upscale sort of place. Kind of pricey but really beautiful place.

Amor de Mar does have beautiful grounds and it is relatively affordable.

If you are going to have a car and are willing to stay without AC, check this place out. There are 2 little houses that are above the ocean wtih 180 degree views. I stayed in the one called Mariposa because the owner was living in the other at the time. It is very private and secluded and at night you can sit out looking over the ocean from above with stars galore in the dark sky. The entire side of the house opens up including all along side of the bed so there is constant fresh air blowing through off of the ocean and they provide a fan. There is a little kitchenette too so you have a small fridge and can cook if you choose. The shower is outdoors too, which is really cool because you can see the ocean while you shower. You are ot exposed as it is surrounded by low walls. It is only $450 per week.

If you need AC or are afraid to sleep in a place with exposed air as I am describing then this is not the place for you but I promise the view and setting is fabulous especially for the money. At least look at the pictures to check it out.

playamontezuma.net/miradordelpacifico.htm

7. Re: were to stay

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 23, 2009