We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Tortuga

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
reviews: 9
Isla Tortuga

I know there are day-trips to Tortuga from San Jose/Punteranas

but I remember reading(do not know where) from Montezuma

Anybody know or took this trip and is Isla Tortuga worth the time and money?

New England
1. Re: Isla Tortuga

You can book boat trips to Isla Tortuga through the companies in Montezuma. They are relatively inexpensive ($30 to $40 dollars as I recall) and include the boat ride, a BBQ lunch, beer and soft drinks and some snorkeling offshore. Isla Tortuga itself is very pretty and has a canopy/zip line tour. You can also rent kayaks, etc on the island and there is a gift shop there. The beach is beautiful and has a volleyball net set up...usually with a game going. Keep in mind that you get there via a small fiberglass boat and the waters are usually rough. Grab a life preserver and use it to sit on as your butt takes a serious beating. Also, you will get wet...so when they offer to put your gear in a trash bag say yes! I would have to say that it was worth the money (and mild discomfort).

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 85
2. Re: Isla Tortuga

How long can you spend on Isla Tortuga? Any thoughts in comparison with the zipline on Tortuga or Mal Pais? My kids really wanna do one, and we will be in Montezuma and Alajuela during our trip.

New England
3. Re: Isla Tortuga

You get 4 hours or so on the island. There is a canopy tour there and in the hills just outside of Montezuma. I haven't done either of those so can't recommend one over the other. Why not try both? My kids will go on them every time we give them the option and I suspect yours would, too. They are unique!