We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
reviews: 1
Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

My family of 8 adults and 3 kids are heading to CR for the Thanksgiving break. I have two rental homes on hold and will be pulling the trigger on one of them tomorrow or the next day. One place is in Quepos, the other is in Montezuma. It seems like Montezuma is a much more charming town, but I am a tiny bit concerned about it not being a central location for the more famous activities (is Manuel Antonio that great? Do we need to get over to Monteverde?). My family likes the idea of monkeys coming to the house in Quepos (strangely a huge selling point. How friendly are the monkeys in Montezuma?). But, we also want to be able to hang out on the beach with a cooler of frosty beverages. -Or hang out at palapa style restaurant, feet in the sand, relaxing (Is the closest beach to Quepos inside MA park? Do you have to pay every time you enter?). And finally, a number of us in the group will be wanting to surf.

Can anyone shed some light on my little predicament?

Nashville
11. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

I'm gettting so excited. Guess it's time to get out the Spanish cds. I'll check out those beach spots once we're there and of course, check with the locals. I can't thank you enough for all the great info. Keep it comin!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 85
12. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Hey, Dominique. Unless you kids truly ARE out of control, maybe we can even get my two teenage daughters to babysit for you and we can all check out evening music. (Heard there are live bands at Chico's). So, do any of you guys have thoughts on Curu Preserve? It sounds like a good alternative to Cabo Blanco. Too bad we have to wait a few months before going. Have to satisfy outselves with these forums....

Chicago, Illinois
13. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Oops, your kids, not YOU kids.

New England
14. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Cabo Blanco is a tough hike. There are two trails...difficult and more difficult. I'm not a regular hiker but I'm not way out of shape either, and it's a workout! I'm going to try Curu on my next trip in August. There looks to be more choice of trails and the same attractions (wildlife, beaches, etc).

Nashville
15. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Are you still there Snorkel-luvin?

Sorry I haven't been to the site in a while. There will be three kids with us total and eight adults. The kids are 3, 4, and 9. And no, they're not out of control. It's just more fun to paint that image. We will probably have the sitter bit all lined up, but who knows. I'm for playing it by ear if you are. Either way, we can still go for music some night. Thank you very much for suggesting the possibility of babysitting. Let's keep in touch.

Chicago, Illinois
16. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Hi, Dominique.

Sounds like you'll have a fun group. my email is Klaesch@comcast.net, write me before you go and we'll hook up. We are just one family, 2 adults with 2 teens. Before you know it, we'll be in Costa Rica! The ten years since we were last there is too long!

Oklahoma City, OK
17. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Hello! My husband and I will be in Tambor (about 10 KM from Montezuma) from November 25 - December 3. Can you all tell me what you've learned about the area? We originally planned on Playa Hermosa, but plans have changed (as they so often do). We have heard great things about Montezuma and the nightlife at Chico's.

Can't wait to talk to all of you who are as excited as I am!!

Sherie

Chicago, Illinois
18. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Hey, Philokvetch...tell us what you think of Curu when you get back! Have a great trip!

19. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:13 am, October 13, 2005
Oklahoma City, OK
20. Re: Renting a home for 1 week. Montezuma vs Quepos (MA)

Still looking for any insight on the area...what you thought of it....we leave in two short weeks. WOO-HOO!