We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks during Easter week

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
Drinks during Easter week

We will be in Costa Rica the week before Easter and have heard that no drinks are served--is that really the case? We'd love ot have a glass of wine or two with dinner. We are staying at the Ylang-Ylang Beach Resort.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 30
1. Re: Drinks during Easter week

By law things are supposed to be dry during Semana Santa- but depending on the relationship some places have with the Policia things may be over looked. My advice would be a discreet email to the resort- and I'm sure they'll confirm whether they'll be dry or not. I know that during my trips over Semana Santa, I would always stock up the week before to beat the crush at the grocery store.

AJ

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
reviews: 31
2. Re: Drinks during Easter week

Don't panic. Most places serve the tourists. Maybe they will put an empty can of 'near beer' next to the glass of beer they serve. Maybe the'll serve the wine in a 'juice glass', or similar show of compliance.

3. Re: Drinks during Easter week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 20, 2009