We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
reviews: 9
Montezuma

Anybody have any experiences with the Hotel Jardin. Recomendations on other places.in Montezuma Tambor?

Most of the places do not have A/C Do you need it in Montezuma????

New England
31. Re: Montezuma

The road from Montezuma north to Samara along the west coast is generally not considered passable in August. I'm making the drive in the reverse in August and plan to go down the east coast via Naranjo/Paquera/Cobano. It's longer, slightly more reliable but still a poor road. Parts of the western route involve driving along the beaches and river crossings which are very weather dependent. If you are renting a car, in the fine print you'll see that you are liable for damages caused by driving through "rivers and estuaries". This makes the attempt somewhat less attractive. I'm going to try it someday but just to do it...not while trying to get from here to there. It is an adventure in itself! At the minimum I think you would need two vehicles or at least one with a winch.

San Francisco...
reviews: 87
32. Re: Montezuma

No you can not drive up the coast to Samara from Montezuma

Oklahoma City, OK
reviews: 1
33. Re: Montezuma

Are you guys renting your cars from international rental companies? We'll be in Tambor (smaller than Montezuma) and want to rent a car to go to the Curu Reserve, Montezuma, etc.

Look forward to your input.

New England
34. Re: Montezuma

We always rent our car from Thrifty. The service has been good so far and the prices, while not always the cheapest, are competitive. If you need only to travel the stretch between Curu/Tambor/Montezuma you can probably rely on the local taxis (which are EVERYwhere) for much less money. Your hotel can hook you up with what you need, in all likelihood.

Seattle
35. Re: Montezuma

I am planning a short trip to Costa Rica with my girlfriend in September and was planning on going to Montezuma to relax, be romantic, walk around in the jungle, etc. I was wondering how difficultit would be/ long it would take to get from Arenal to Montezuma. We only have a week, and I wasn't planning on renting a car or spending time in San Jose. I just wanted to spend a couple days at the Volcano and then chill at the beach. Thanks for the help and great advice.

San Francisco...
reviews: 87
36. Re: Montezuma

rhun27,

Arenal to Montezuma is a trek that would probably take about 6 hours.

You might have better luck if you made a new post to get some more answers