We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

montezuma hikes--cabo blanco?

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 88
montezuma hikes--cabo blanco?

I am wondering what people think about a trip to Cabo Blanco preserve? My family is quite "fit," (inc. 2 teens), but am concerned by some reports that the hike to the beach was extremely strenuous, and the final beach not worth the effort? What about Curu wildlife refuge? That sounds like there are numerous trails, great beach and interesting wildlife. Anybody been there? We will be there in late November.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: montezuma hikes--cabo blanco?

For me Montezuma / Mal Pais area are the best beaches in Costa Rica. You will love them...

Cabo Blanco is a heavy walk and you really don't see a beach there, but rocks-. Nice views, but you will have great beaches in Montezuma to get tan.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 88
2. Re: montezuma hikes--cabo blanco?

Hey, Eric. Thanks for the reply. I like the combination of rock and sand that Montezuma seems to offer. Can you hike around there and get some of the same rain forest hike experience as you would at Cabo Blanco, without the effort? Is a visit to Mal Pais recommended?