We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

It seems there are ziplines everywhere we will be travelling. We are going to be Tortuguero, Arenal/La Fortuna, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio, Which area has the best zip lines for the money and why? We are trying to establish our budget before we go, We are an adventurous retired couple, living in Colorado, who has traveled all over the world, besides having lived in the Philippines for 5 years (also a poor, but developing country). The same question regarding the hanging bridges.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

My personal favorite is Selvatura in Monteverde - they have 2 huge cables (one 750m and one 1000m) plus a tarzan swing. Its also one of the longer zip line tours in terms of the number of platforms they have and the scenery is magnificent. Since its more established, it feels more intergrated into the cloud forest. The Safari Canopy in Manuel Antonio is also a good one, totally different surrounding jungle, and combo of zip lines, tarzan swing and a couple of rappels. but their cables aren't as long as Selvatura.

Just my two cents on this...I'm sure lots of others will chime in.

Colorado Springs...
2. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

Thank you for the input. Is what I am hearing, maybe do both? Do you recall what each charged? By the way, I see I should have reviewed my question before posting....."is/ziplines" What kind of grammar is that?!!

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

I'm so not the grammar police :)

They're in completely different environements and if you're into zip lining, I think it would be worth doing both. Both are reasonably priced....depending on how you buy it (direct or through a provider with transportation included), a ballpark estimate would be around $50-$85 per person for the tour. I know Selvatura has combos with some of their other attractions (hanging bridges, butterfly house, etc. the insect museum, while strange is def. worth seeing) The primary factor being weather or not you drive yourself to the tour or book through a company that includes transportation to and from your hotel. The transportation costs in Monetverde are a little cheaper than Manuel Antonio, because the park is closer to the hotels than Safari is. If you're still looking for more adrenaline in Arenal, check out one of the canyoining tours - La Roca, Lost Canyon, Pure Trek. Totally different experience from a zip line, and I might be inclined to do one of those and then choose between the two zip lines.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 105
4. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

Sky Trek in the Arenal area is probably the most popular one. They have some of the longest, highest, fastest lines in the world. I really like doing it in that area because you get beautiful views of the lake and the volcano while you're up there. Also really like the tram ride up; some zips involve a lot of hiking to get where you need to go. We've also done it in Monteverde at the Original Canopy Tour and enjoyed that too, but Monteverde can be quite chilly and cloud.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 105
5. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

I agree with gringa about the canyoning tours; we did the La Roca tour and absolutely loved it. We got to rappel several waterfalls, do a zipline, a hanging bridge, etc. When we did it, it was just the two of us which was really cool.

Navarre, Florida
reviews: 129
6. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

We did Extremo Monteverde from Santa Elana in April 2013, zip, Tarzan swing, Superman zip...$45.

Orlando, Florida...
7. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

If you can, you should do ziplining in La Fortuna (Arenal) and in Monteverde. If you can't do it in both places, then do it in La Fortuna and leave the hanging bridges for Monteverde. Depending in which company you choose, you can do ziplining while facing the volcano (in La Fortuna).

Monteverde in the other hand, is really cool too because of the thick vegetation and the low clouds. You can walk on the hanging bridges here or "fly" through them while ziplining. It all depends on what you prefer.

Those are the best 2 options in regards of these activities. I would leave Manuel Antonio for just relaxing in the beach, or even visiting the national park.

Enjoy your trip to Costa Rica!

Pablo C.

CostaRicaDW.com

Washington DC...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

I second Sky Trek in Arenal. I felt very safe the entire time (and I'm skittish). The "guides" were fantastic and helped several kids who were scared/nervous understandably.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
9. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

I third Skytrek. We were the only two in our tour; so the guides were amazing and took picutres of us just like the ones that they try to sell to you after the trek.

Monteverde Cloud...
reviews: 15
10. Re: Which is the best ziplines and in Costa Rica

the best zipline company are in Monteverde, At the moment the Extremos canopy and the Adventure 100% are the best in area. For canopy walk the nice's is Selvatura park