We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 4
Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

My husband and I arrive at Playa del Coco Jan. 9th and would love to go see the turtles lay their eggs one night when we are there. Does anyone know if they will still be laying then and if so of a tour or someone that could take us to do that?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

I haven't heard of any turtle nesting tours in Coco, not sure if anyone who lives there knows?

If not, the closest one available is in Playa Mina, about 1 hour south from Coco. Let me know if you need the info

Calgary, Alberta...
2. Re: Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

Would very much appreciate the information, thank you,

Calgary, Alberta...
3. Re: Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

Would love the info about Playa Mina and the turtle nesting.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
4. Re: Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

Here's some information about Playa Mina (sometimes written as Playa Minas):

www.costaricaweb.cr/en/mina-beach-costa-rica/

I didn't see anything about egg laying, but one lady from the Conchal area wrote about seeing some hatchlings. Maybe SailorPicasso will return with more for you.

I would have to guess that it's probably a kind of "hit and miss" thing.

Do a Google search of "sea turtles Costa Rica" and you will find some nesting sites along the Pacific Coast and you could do a day trip to many of these, including Playa Grande. Keep in mind that turtles do not nest year-round and in some cases, their arrival is timed to the phase of the moon.

5. Re: Turtle egg laying around Playa del Coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 07, 2014