We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tenafly, New Jersey
reviews: 1
transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

what is the best transportation from San Jose to MV ?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

Some great options...Shuttles like Interbus...Gray line...or some private services...with more than 4 people or even 4 ...better to hire a private driver...is even cheaper most of the time than a shuttle...and you set the pick up times and places!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
2. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

In the fallowing link, shuttle companies and private drivers reccomended on the forums.....

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-…

Driving distance from San Jose to Monteverde is 4 hours.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
3. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

public bus is slow and cheap

shared van like grayline or interbus good price, relatively fast

private transport most expensive option, but also the quickest and a great value for two people in a hurry. i always use www.tucanlimoservices.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 6
4. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

Great options have been recommended to you on the previous posts , shuttles work really well, both grayline or interbus, you can hire a driver with a van and you will spend more money but you will get ther faster and learn a lot a long the way. The other option is to rent a car , go at your own pace.

Driving time to Monteverde from San José is not 4 hours like Travel Costa Rica said, is really 2 and a half hours. Once you are there you should not miss, Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve, one of the most imporant cloud forest in the world, and where the Continental divide passes through, this line divides the Pacific area with the Atlantic. You can have one foot on the Pacific and the other on the Atlantic, COOL !!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

Agree I drive at least once a week t MV from SJO

It takes me no more than 3 hours

Roadavisor

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 19
6. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

Would it be reasonable to drive up in the morning, spend the day there and return to San Jose that evening? If you wanted to stay over in the area, would public transit be the only option.

What ended up working for you, Rubygirl821?

kentucky
reviews: 8
7. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

I would not want to drive down in the evening. My husband drove both ways and I had fits going up. Wanted to get out and walk. Not sure if transportation is available at night but better to stay the night.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 19
8. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

Thanks. Any recommendations on cool places to stay?

Do you need to plan out a visit in the area prior to arrival?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

It is possible but way to much driving for one day...besides that some have to be donee at night time...not good idea for people who do not know our roads very well!

roadadvisor

10. Re: transportation from San Jose to Monteverde reserve .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 20, 2014