We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you know the way to Monteverde?

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
reviews: 63
Do you know the way to Monteverde?

Hi

We're driving from Arenal Volcano to Monteverde in late Dec but I'm abit confused about how to get there!

Bought a map thinking that that would help but it hasn't really been that informative

If anyone could give detailed instructions/directions it'd be much appreciated!

Is it well signed?

Thanks!

Woodinville
reviews: 59
11. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

Road advisor, do you provide transportation from Arenal to Monteverde? If so, what would be the approximate cost for 4 adults?

Also, are you able to provide transportation from Monteverde to Liberia airport and/or to the Four Seasons Resort?

If you'd prefer to provide this info privately, my email is agelessjen@gmail.com

We have a VERY tall man in our party of 4, so a ride suitable to ensure his comfort is important! :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
12. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

I already answer your kind request,

Thank you ...

Luis AKA roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
13. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

QWOVADIS! So happy to see you! I have missed you here at TA. Send me a PM, please.

Sorry folks but couldn't help myself.

reviews: 14
14. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

Hello all!

I am at playa flamingo and am headed to the arenal area (la fortuna) in two days. I very much want to stop through monteverde cloud forest on the way, but it looks as if our trip takes us around the north side of the lake and forest, and if I'm not mistaken, all the suspension bridges and tours are from the south. Is it possible to see monteverde without staying overnight? Can I make the trip to la fortuna in one day while stopping in monteverde? Please help, thank you!

Washington
reviews: 6
15. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

It is a long slow drive. No way can you not spend the night. Stick with arenal if you are short on time. Monteverde is a two night min stop in my opinion

reviews: 14
16. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

Thanks! That's what I thought, too. I think we'll just do the hanging bridges or canopy tours in the arenal park rather than the monteverde park.

There's too much to see and too little time in this beautiful country!!

17. Re: Do you know the way to Monteverde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 05, 2012