We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Area, California
reviews: 5
how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Hi,

We will arrive Thursday afternoon to Arenal and would like to go to Manual Antonion on Tuesday morning (i.e. sleep Monday night close to MA).

This leaves us 4 nights in Arenal/Monte Verde

How do you suggest we'll split the time? I booked two nights in Arenal (Fortuna). I'm not sure whether to book 2 nights in MonteVerde or only one.

We want to do hiking, zipline, sky trek, maybe canoe/kayaks, wildlife watchine. haven't decided which place has more options (Arenal/Monteverde)

thanks

Dorit

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
1. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Hi Dorit,

For me 2 nights at www.monteverdeinfo.com

giving you one full day there plenty to do.

www.fondavela.com very nice there

Have fun,

Antigua, Guatemala
reviews: 16
2. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Hi,

To get to Monteverde is a good 3 hours and to enjoy the park there you'll need a good day. I would recommend 2 nights there as well.

You can do all of the activities you want in either place, but split them up so you can enjoy both spots and don't overburden yourself with tours.

Plus, you'll get plenty of wildlife action in MA!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Bay Area, California
3. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Thanks. Do you think that staying in Santa Elena will be a good base for exploring MV?

Dorit

Antigua, Guatemala
4. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

That's actually where the majority of the accommodations are. Plus it's a really cute town!

Bay Area, California
5. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Marina, do you have any suggestion for accomodation there? something simple, clean and quiet. internet is a plus. up to 100 a night, but if we can save some money we'll be happy to.

Dorit

Antigua, Guatemala
6. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Hi Dorit!

Here are some nice hotels/cabins:

http://lospinos.net/

http://www.fondavela.com/

http://www.trappfamilylodgecr.com/

Let me know if you have any other questions:)

Bay Area, California
7. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Thanks Marina. You're very helpful

As an expert, can you tell me where do you recommend to do the activities, Arenal or Monteverde?

zipline, sky trek, guided hikes, hot springs

We love to hike ourselves, but we were told that it's better to have one hike with a guide so you can see things that you usually don't see yourself (wildlife). Maybe an early morning or a night hike, what do you think?

Do you think we should book the attractions now or can it wait till December? it's the Christmas week ..

Thanks

Dorit

Antigua, Guatemala
8. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

I definitely recommend the night hikes in Monteverde. Plus, I love the nature park SelvaTura! Here you can do hanging bridges and canopy tour.

In Arenal I would do the waterfall on your own, but definitely do the volcano hike with a guide. It's amazing!

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

OOPS I think I answer you already!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

10. Re: how to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, March 17, 2010