We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davis, CA
reviews: 24
Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

Our family of four, which includes two college age young men, are looking at zip-line options in Monteverde area. I am the only one slightly apprehensive - the guys are up for anything. Differences, opinions, reviews of The Original Canopy Tour, Sky Trek, Selvatura....thanks!

San Diego
reviews: 37
1. Re: Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

Hi DonaB:

I went with The Original Canopy Tour. They were great. They picked us up at our hotel along with some other folks, we went to the office to fill out the paperwork and get our equipment, and then went on a short hike up to the first canopy. I can say the entire time I felt completely safe with them. I am very afraid of heights but after my first zip-line, I was fine. When you are up on the platform, if you are not about to go on the line, they have you belted into a safety rope on a tree, which made me feel alot safer. The tour guides were really friendly and helped us take pictures when we were on the lines. It was one of the highlights of my trip. I think you will really enjoy it no matter which company you choose. Have fun!

Denton, Texas
reviews: 9
2. Re: Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

Our family of five, including a 21 year old girl and 18 and 14 year old boys recently did a zipline tour in Monteverde. I did a lot of research before wanting to be sure we chose the right fit for our family. I have one boy who is the ultimate risk-taker, two in the family who are not so adventurous and two that are somewhere in between. Originally, I chose the Adventura Canopy tour because it had a tarzan swing and rappel that would up the adventure. After talking to all family members and hearing that some might not be comfortable with the tarzan swing, we decided to go with Selvatura. They had a tarzan swing, too, but it was optional. That way, those that wanted to do it could, and those that didn't, didn't have to. As it turns out, once we were there and had the adrenaline rush of the zipline, we all chose to do the tarzan swing! You never know. Selvatura was great, but I bet you'll love any of the zipline tours in Monteverde. Great things have been said about all those you mentioned, as well as Adventura. Good luck with your decision and don't be too surprised if you find yourself a little braver than you ever thought you could be and having the adventure of your life!

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 78
3. Re: Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

My kids went at La Selvatura last March in Monteverde and loved it. My son who is autistic (albeit adventurous) absolutely loved it as did my slightly less adventurous teenage daughter. It has the Tarzan swing which, as stated is optional, but which both loved.

All of them pick you up. The issue at the end of the day is less safety (they are all quite safe, I believe) but the length of each line and extras like the Tarzan swing. At La Selvatura, they seemed to get longer as you went along as you would expect.

Unless you get a response from someone who has been on the different ones, your are most likely to best make your decision by going on the websites of each of them, although I also though one of the guidebooks (either Lonely Planet or the Moon something series had a good description of each of them in Monteverde and the differences.

If you are really apprenhensive, I understand one of your people can go with you.

Davis, CA
reviews: 24
4. Re: Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

Gracias all for your opinions. I booked with The Original Canopy Tour, although it really does look like they all would be good. And I decided I'm definitely going for it and join my college aged boys and hubby for a great experience!

5. Re: Best zip-lining in Monteverde for adventurous sorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 04, 2009