We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Castro Valley...
reviews: 25
Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

HI! We are trying to decide between these 2 companies for a zip line tour. It will be 4 adults and 3 children aged 9 and 7. We have all zip lined before. Which would be best with regard to scenery and adventure? Thanks!

Boston...
reviews: 73
1. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

We just did the zipline tour with El Santuario yesterday based upon the recommendation of the guy that owns the house that we're renting. It was absolutely fantastic. I haven't done the other one, so I can't compare. But I think you can't go wrong with El Santuario. Good luck and have fun!

Castro Valley...
2. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

Thank you! Did you find it exhilirating enough and how long did the entire tour take?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 140
3. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

I did El Sanctuario last Tuesday. It was great and very exhilarating! I have done 2 other zip lines in the Manuel Antonio area, and I liked this one the best. It was close, the views were great, and the lines were fast and long- including the longest line in Central America- almost a mile long. They also have some suspension bridges and "air stairs" which were neat and different. The lunch was good too!

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 11
4. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

I would recommend Canopy Safari because it has the longest history in Manuel Antonio and is very well-built and safe.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 42
5. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

We use Canopy Safari and we have for many, many years.....locally owned and operated.....VERY safe......(which is the #1 factor for me).......they continually update and add new things.....in addition to the zip lines.....the Tarzan swing.....suspension bridges.......butterfly/reptile exhibit.....plus fun tour guides......and a great breakfast or lunch...our guests LOVE them

Tulemar Dave

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 82
6. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

I have used both and like El Santuario better. The staff were much more friendly and patient.

Edited: 11:03 am, March 22, 2014
Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
7. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

I have used all of them, and for kids of that age I would recommend Canopy Safari. Not only are they great and safety oriented with young kids, but the kids love the added bonus of the butterflies and reptile exhibit on that tour. Sanctuario is a very fun tour, but there is a lot more climbing and hiking to get around their circuit which does not always go over well with kids. In the end, they would enjoy any and all of them though, so hard to pick!! Enjoy!

Somerset, New Jersey
reviews: 163
8. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

We did the Canopy Tour in La Fortuna. We were staying at the Arenal Springs Resort, and they booked it for us. If you have all zip-lined before, this should be no problem. There is not much walking or climbing, just 11 zip-lines. We did it for the first time, and felt very safe and loved it. There is a little walk up to the first platform, and after that you simply go from one platform to the next on the zip-lines. The guides are superb. They tell what to see on every trip. As long as you are not afraid of heights and speed, this is wonderful. There are fantastic views of the Arenal Volcano, and the Rain forest.

Edited: 2:15 pm, March 22, 2014
Castro Valley...
9. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate all of it!

10. Re: Canopy Safari VS. El Santuario Canopy Adventure zip lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:50 am, March 24, 2015