We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 15
Food

We are staying at the San Bada Hotel this December. We were hoping to adventure out some days and try different food/restaurants. What are your all suggestions on the following type of food for places to go to and are they walk-able or will we need to taxi?

Best fish tacos

Best place for fish

Best place for seafood (crab, lobster, scallops)

Best Costa Rican food

Best Sushi

14 replies to this topic
Mi Wuk Village...
1. Re: Food

Sushi isn't a biggie in CR. Don't know any in MA. If you get to Tamarindo try the Wok and Roll. Cheap places that serve Costa Rican food are called sodas. Ask the folks at the hotel where they eat. Rather than hunt for sushi..in CR you want to eat ceviche. Cevecheria El Dorado in Quepos is considered one of the best in the area. Fish tacos..Sanchos or Balus.

raleigh,nc
reviews: 9
2. Re: Food

Si Como No's restaurant is a favorite of mine. Fish and seafood well prepared. Really nice ambience----a bit upscale for MA, though. A long walk or short ride up the hill.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 33
3. Re: Food

There are great seafood, and yes sushi restaurants all over Costa Rica. Just read the TA restaurant rewiews for MA to find those in that area. Not that you mentioned Tamarindo, but Bamboo Sushi is fantastic!

Edited: 9:02 pm, September 29, 2013
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
4. Re: Food

There is a good little sushi restaurant in downtown Quepos. They have an all you can eat special I thought was well worth it. Some restaurants in general I think are good in the area are Cafe Milagro and La Luna. There are a ton of good restaurants in that area but names escape me. The DE's from there will chime in soon.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Food

Tropical Sushi in downtown Quepos is my favorite, but can be slow. Sushi also at Barba Roja, and I think there's some sushi down around the Marlin/Park entrance area.

Overall, my favorites are Milagro, Kapi Kapi and Agua Azul, all do seafood well.... La Luna and Makanda are also good high end places.

For simpler style restaurants Ronny's and Rafael's Terraza both are good and have great views.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 135
6. Re: Food

As mentioned above, Tropical Sushi in Quepos (Next to Manuel Antonio) has an All You Can Eat Sushi special, which is a great deal!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
7. Re: Food

There is a small sushi restaurant RIGHT next door to your hotel that I hear is quite good. There is also another half way back to Quepos called Sushi Los Amigos (near the MA soccer field) which is excellent. Also, Tropical Sushi in Quepos is excellent with a real Japanese chef. Fish and fish tacos is literally anywhere, though Agua Azul is one of my personal favorites. For scallops and lobster you are usually going to need to go to a more upscale place like Karolas, Gaia, Kapi Kapi or lobster is often at Victorias and Ronnys place. Be prepared....our lobster tails are very small here, also Crab is rarely found in CR. For typical CR food, there are many sodas around your hotel, though one of the preferred restaurants in that area is Marlins. I also like Backpackers Comida Tipica by the MA soccer field, excellent local food. Downtown Quepos has some of the best sodas for typical food. Everything is fairly close by bus or taxi if you want to get to some of the better and more popular restaurants. Enjoy!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Food

Where would you all recommend for ceviche?

London, England...
reviews: 81
9. Re: Food

Bamboo Sushi Club in Tamarindo is amazing!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 74
10. Re: Food

Sports Bar El Sol has great food and atmosphere along with great view. it is above the supermarket on the main strip by the beach (walking distance for you) You could get cervice here too. They have a live band playing at times also.

There is a sushi place as mentioned previously right next door to your hotel.

Backpackers Paradise Costa Linda at the end of the street has great food and it very cheap. We had amazing meals here. No frills place - but the food is excellent.

There are quite a few restaraunts within walking distance from your hotel. Pretty much all have their menu posted outside.

Edited: 6:05 pm, October 07, 2013
Reply to: Food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted