We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

HI! I have tried craigslist, and there are some options there for apartments currently available, however, I am having a hard time finding long term apartments for the time I want to rent, which is starting in November. I was wondering if there is anywhere else I can look, perhaps a local resource, for renting apartments?

I tried a google search of "manuel antonio apartment rentals", and although some sites do come up, the results are usually for really expensive places. My maximum would be $700 / month, but hoping to find a $500 / month place. Thanks!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
1. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

You may find something in Quepolandia

http://www.quepolandia.com/classified-ads/

But the reality is that most (but not all) of the rentals on the internet sites like vrbo, Homeaway, Flipkey are in the higher price range. Most of the less expensive options seem to be found once you are in the area by asking around and looking. And for high season especially many of the better deals are grabbed up by returning snowbirds - many of whom book close to a year in advance if they find someplace suitable and reasonable.

There are various people in the area involved in property management and rentals.

raquel

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

Raquel is very knowledgeable about the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area and I totally agree with her.

You will find that your best bet will be "boots on the ground" for long-term rentals in Costa Rica. Book a hotel or B&B in the area where you want to be and then look around and ask around. Most things like this are accomplished by word of mouth in Costa Rica. You will pay the highest prices for anything you see online.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

ok thanks.... but would you say there is always something fairly cheap available once i get there? i don't want to get there and find out there isn't anything in my price range. thanks.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
4. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

It's hard to answer when we don't know all the requirements......how many people.......what do you need......a/c....gated security....hot water.....pool.......glass in the windows or just screens......ocean views or no views.....there are so many variables.......I agree with everyone else......the postings on vrbo, etc are for weekly vacation rentals......for cheaper properties.....you'll need to see them first.....before you agree to rent for a longer term period.

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

Craigs List is usually the best resource, though you may want to try some searches in Facebook for Manuel Antonio and Quepos. There are several private groups on there that likely can help you. Also, Quepolandia is an excellent suggestion. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

MAnuel Antonio Estates maybe they can also guide you on the correct direction...

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

Hey thanks for the replies. Tulemar Dave, I'm a single person, and have no particular requirements, other than the place be fully private, enclosed with 4 walls and a door, and a comfortable mattress, wifi... and probably air conditioning and laundry. But of course, a pool and ocean view are preferable, and I'd like it to be away from crowds, but any basic place would be fine.

Last year on craigslist I found a perfect place; my own all inclusive private living quarters including kitchen, JACUZZI!!, balcony, cable, wifi, air coniditioning, for only $450 / month. It would have been perfect, but was not available for the time I wanted. So, someone else rented it and I guess they love it so much they're like never leaving or something, lol. I haven't seen anything like that listed on CL since then.

btw, I did not know there were places that don't have glass windows, only screens. Doesn't that mean you can hear everything outside all the time, and everyone can hear you? and doesn't that make it easy to break in?

Edited: 3:09 am, July 02, 2013
Ottawa, Ont.
reviews: 1
8. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

Try Brunxu Apts. They have a few units for long term rental and speak English.

http://www.brunxu.com/

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 59
9. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

As you can see from the Quepolandia classifieds, rentals are avail in all price ranges. If they are avail when you are here, it's too difficult to say. Some of it's just good luck and running into the right person at the right time! As far as windows, glass, screen etc. you'll find that screened windows will generally have bars to deter theft. Electric rates here are VERY high so if you rent something with A/C (of which you might be responsible for the payment of the electric bill) could very well add signficantly to your monthly outlay. Every thing is open air so having windows thrown open to the breeze is common. Visit your prospective neighborhood at different parts of the day and evening to see if the noise level is extreme or unacceptable to you. Best of luck!

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Where to Find Apartments for Rent In Manuel Antonio

hmmmm, I see. Well since I don't speak Spanish and don't know anyone in Manuel Antonio, and am not the greatest at meeting people, I really should make arrangements before I go. Either by contacting someone and having them agree they will help me find a place beforehand, or renting whatever I find for my first month with the intention of finding something else once I get there.

But what I was wondering though..... the people who are renting must be advertising somewhere. I appreciate all the options given, there just still doesn't seem to be that many. Quepolandia has maybe 2 appropriate ones I guess. Sorry maybe I'm a chump, but it just seems like everywhere I look, people are like, "maybe you could do this, you might find something at some time", instead I would prefer, "do this, and you'll probably find something". lol. Anyway thanks :)