We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling - from San Jose - cross posted

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Snorkelling - from San Jose - cross posted

I will be in San Jose next week for 10 days. I'm coming for dental work but hope to go snorkeling on the weekend. I've been reading the reviews of the most popular site - Tortuga Island day trips and find that it isn't at all appealing. I did find two National Parks- Manuel Antonio and Marino Ballena National Park at Uvita. I'd be open to staying overnight in Uvita or other town so that I could go two days running.

I'm not flush with cash, so I wouldn't be able to fly or stay in a posh resort. I'm staying at the Angels Hotel in San Jose - it sounds like a great find at $30 a day. I've found there are several options for inexpensive hostel/hotel at Uvita.

So if someone could point me to a service that would take me to the coral reefs at either location I'd appreciate that. Transport to the location - I'd be keen to take the bus - either GreyLine or other good service that offers A/C in the bus.

Female of a certain age, traveling solo

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: Snorkelling - from San Jose - cross posted

You can do one day tours with Grayline to Manuel Antonio park, but the snorkeling in our area is average at best. Uvita is better, but not as easy to get to without a long shuttle ride. You can find cheap hostels in the nearby town of Dominical and then book a snorkel tour from one of their offices there as the snokeling is a little better in Parque Ballena. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Snorkelling - from San Jose - cross posted

Best snorkeling...Caño island you can get there by UVITA...but is not a cheap ride...

roadadvisor

Canada
3. Re: Snorkelling - from San Jose - cross posted

Average is better than none at all. I wonder if there are reefs accessible from the beach? I will book a tour, but might stay overbite and can't afford 2 days for guides.

Edited: 12:22 am, May 11, 2013
4. Re: Snorkelling - from San Jose - cross posted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014