We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakeries?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 30
Bakeries?

I'm returning to MA (Tulemar) next Feb. One thing I missed last trip was some sweet goodies. Where is there a good bakery selling pastries, croissants, nice breads etc? I don't mind venturing to Quepos if needed.

16 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
1. Re: Bakeries?

m, I'm going to put a bookmark on this because I'm curious too.

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 103
2. Re: Bakeries?

MUSMANNI in Manuel Antonio. They're all over Costa Rica and have a large selection at very low prices! You'll see their white and orange sign...can't miss it. :-)

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Bakeries?

Yes I know that name from when I lived in Palmares. Exactly what I'm looking for. Where are they located in MA? Could you please give directions from Tulemar?

thx

marg

New York City, New...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Bakeries?

Emilio's in Manuel Antonio has a great selection and it's close to Tulemar. If you're familiar with the area, then it's right across from the soccer field above the Backpacker's hostel. In Quepos La Panera is also delicious!

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Bakeries?

Thanks Mila. I have a rough idea where Emilio's is located.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
6. Re: Bakeries?

you're looking for a panederia - spanish for bakery

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
7. Re: Bakeries?

Musmanni is located in Quepos - on the same street as the the bus station, across the street from the Banco de Costa Rica. There used to be a small branch across from the beach in MA near Marlin's - but I don't think it is there anymore.

Supermas in Quepos has a good selection of breads and pastries in their cafe/bakery section.

As Mila mentioned, La Panera is good. It is located on the same street as Pali - but more into town.

There is also a bakery called panaderia Las Americas in Quepos.

At the weekly feria - on Friday nights and Saturday there are some Mennonites that sell home made baked goods. People say their pies and other stuff are delicious. There is also Quincy who sells quiches and other things there.

If you just want a nice piece of carrot cake or German Chocolate cake or other desserts - Cafe Milagro.

I just read that there is a guy named Ignacio making and selling Argentinian breads. He is at Hotel Plinio.

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: Bakeries?

That's very helpful, raquel. Thanks!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
9. Re: Bakeries?

Ditto what Raquel said.....now I'm hungry and have to go get some! FYI, the beach Musmanni did close. Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Bakeries?

The Musmanni I frequented in Palmares had a great selection of yum yums and prices were excellent. Never made a trip into town without a stop there. lol

Reply to: Bakeries?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted