We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stores, Sodas, etc...

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Stores, Sodas, etc...

Where exactly is Super Joseth in Manuel Antonio? On this map, cupotico.com/maps/…20maps.html , what number is the closest to the store? We are staying at Makanda. Where is the closest store where we can buy water, beer, snacks, etc?

This may sound like an odd question, but is it possible to get Christmas ornaments that say either Costa Rica or Manuel Antonio in Manuel Antonio in May? If so, where can we get them? We collect them from around the world, and we'd love go get some from Costa Rica.

Are there any good sodas in Manuel Antonio? I've read info about the sodas in Quepos many times, but not in Manuel Antonio area.

I understand that dress code is very casual in MA. Is it the same even at rather high end restaurants like Kapi Kapi? Would it be ok to wear shorts with nice tops?

Thank you!

Edited: 9:54 pm, April 24, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
11. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

I just call them up...no minimun at least that is what I was inform...knowning my country maybe they will said somenthing else...but in my good old Spanish that is waht I wwas inform!

Of course you can ask and buy anything...

roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 59
12. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Post #2 sodo is referring to Balu Restaurant right on the beach in MA. (Walk north from the park, stone tables on the beach, toes in the sand!) I've never seen ornaments in any of the stores but I like volcanogirl's idea better!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
13. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

You will pass right by Super Joseth on your way to Makanda, and as mentioned they will deliver. I call 2777-1095, but they may have more than one phone number. They have no minimum and charge $1-$2 delivery. Right accross their parking lot is Soda Angel, about 15 mins walk from Makanda (I have done it). Also, 2 blocks further is BackPackers Tipico Soda....really good. There is also a new Fish & Chips place right at the top of the hill from Makanda, as well as many other restaurants, though pricier than sodas. Dress code is super beach casual everywhere, so even at Kapi Kapi (one block before Super Joseth) you are fine with clean shirt/shorts. For xmas ornaments, you may have to get a little creative. The "junk" stores in Quepos have tico tacky stuff, but I don't recall anything particularly specific to Costa Rica or Manuel Antonio around xmas. Maybe its because in tourism we work xmas, so I don't get to really celebrate it ever! Enjoy!

New York City, New...
14. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Thank you all again for taking the time to answer my question. Thank you, RoadAdvisor, for even calling Super Joseth to find out! You are so nice.

LivNLarge, I really appreciate the info. It helped me visualize the area.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 93
15. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Thanks, Liv - that's a great service.

baca, I have some pics of Kapi Kapi posted if you want to see them. The macadamia encrusted mahi mahi is very good. The service is really friendly too. Hope you guys have fun.

16. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:56 pm, May 03, 2013
New York City, New...
17. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

VolcanoGirl, I just looked at your photos. They all look delicious. Thanks!

RoadAdvisor, thank you. I can't wait to visit your country. Two more weeks, but who's counting! ;-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 93
18. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Thanks, baca. I hope you have a really great trip! Friends of ours went to Makanda for their honeymoon and really liked it. Wishing you lots of fun and good wildlife sightings.

Quepos
reviews: 4
19. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

About Christmas ornaments you might be able to find some in Quepos, right in front of the bus station. I'm not sure that you are going to find something with the name Costa Rica on it, to be honest I have never seen any like that.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
20. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

You are WELCOME...please enjoy our country as we natives have had for generations!

roadadvisor