We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stores, Sodas, etc...

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Stores, Sodas, etc...

Where exactly is Super Joseth in Manuel Antonio? On this map, cupotico.com/maps/…20maps.html , what number is the closest to the store? We are staying at Makanda. Where is the closest store where we can buy water, beer, snacks, etc?

This may sound like an odd question, but is it possible to get Christmas ornaments that say either Costa Rica or Manuel Antonio in Manuel Antonio in May? If so, where can we get them? We collect them from around the world, and we'd love go get some from Costa Rica.

Are there any good sodas in Manuel Antonio? I've read info about the sodas in Quepos many times, but not in Manuel Antonio area.

I understand that dress code is very casual in MA. Is it the same even at rather high end restaurants like Kapi Kapi? Would it be ok to wear shorts with nice tops?

Thank you!

Edited: 9:54 pm, April 24, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
1. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

There's a small grocery store about where the yellow dot #63 is. I don't remember the name, but it could be called Super Joseth.

Last year we had dinner at a small pizza place near the grocery store. It was run by (owned by?) a European guy and the pizza was quite good. There's a restaurant just inside the trees on the beach near #59 on the map. I don't know the name, but I usually had a 'casado' for lunch and although they were always very busy & service was slow, the food is delicious (3000-4000 colones, $6-8). The cement tables and stools are visible from the beach. You'll have to flag down the server to order & to pay.

A few years ago while staying at Cabinas Espadilla we would walk across the street to the backpacker's hostel and have their breakfast which cost about 1500 (?) colones ($3).

You are at the beach, so most places are pretty casual for dress. I haven't really eaten at any of the higher end places, so I can't comment on that. We usually put on pants/jeans for dinner regardless of where we went.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 122
2. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

If you look for Tulemar on your map, there's a Super Joseth close to there along the main road. You can walk to it from Tulemar, and it's pretty close. I haven't seen any Christmas ornaments at stores out of season. I think your best bet for that is to maybe check the airport gift shops. We ate at Kapi Kapi, and it's pretty high end - dim lighting, candles, and pricey. I wore a casual dress there, and my husband wore slacks. You could wear shorts, but I didn't see anyone else in shorts there. Most places in MA are very casual, but this one is kind of romantic. A lot of people like to eat at Marlin's by the beach - we haven't tried it, but it gets good reviews.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Joseth is about 5 minutes by car from your place...nicelittle store...about xmas things will be hsrd...maybe send a PM to Raquel ...or Livand Large..they really know the area welll..not just a couple visits and in a tour...they know MA..

Roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Joseth is about 5 minutes by car from your place...nicelittle store...about xmas things will be hsrd...maybe send a PM to Raquel ...or Livand Large..they really know the area welll..not just a couple visits and in a tour...they know MA..

Marlins by the beach nice kind of big Sida...nice menu...I go to Kapi Kapi very often since the owner is a good friend...you can wesr nice casual clothes...

Roadadvisor

Roadadvisor

nebraska
reviews: 57
5. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Are you driving to MA? a good One Stop Shopping place for souvenirs is on the highway north of the Tarcoles bridge. Going down it will be on your left side. It is a newer complex called El Jardin. They have great bathrooms & a café. We like to go there for the usual trinkets & things.

In MA super Joseph is THE place to go. They even deliver for a small fee.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
6. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

joyce, do you know if there's a minimum order for the Super Joseth delivery? i forgot that they delivered groceries to our place at Tulemar but they handled it for us so I don't know the details. That is such a great service.

One other place to look for Christmas ornaments is in your hotel gift shop if they have one. We've seen them at Grano de Oro and at the San Jose Marriott, places that tend to have big expansive gift shops might have them. If not, you could make one out of a small wooden carving. I made one out of a little toucan carving we bought.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Thank you everyone!!

I'm curious if there's a minimum order for the Super Joseth delivery too.

VolcanoGirl, that is a GREAT idea to make an ornament out of a small wooden carving. Thanks!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
8. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

You're welcome, b - I collect ornaments too, and sometimes I have to innovate - lol.

nebraska
reviews: 57
9. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

I can't remember on the delivery amount but we just ordered the usual breakfast things and snack food. I know it wasn't a large order but you can just ask if there is a minimum when you call them. 2777.1469 (I think this is the phn number and you press 1 for English)

I even asked for "green" bananas as Ticos seem to like really ripe bananas and they were just as requested.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
10. Re: Stores, Sodas, etc...

Thanks, joyce. One thing we made that I really loved was homemade guacamole. I got avocados, onion, limes, tortilla chips, and some Imperials delivered. Tasted great.