We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 87
El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

They both have high reviews here... anyone done both? Trying to decide which one to book..

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
1. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

We still prefer Canopy Safari.......safe (and fun) guides.......zip line, rappelling, Tarzan swing, butterfly gardens......and a great meal too.

Tulemar Dave

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 103
2. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

Midworld has many things that the other canopy tours in the area (and most of Costa Rica) do not have like the Superman, Puzzle bridges, etc. I think many times it depends on what your budget is....zip lines are very similar, it's more about safety and what you get for your money (aka all the extras). Enjoy!

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 61
3. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

We did Canopy Safari - loved it

Quepos Expeditions for a class 2/3 Whitewater Rafting trip with our teenagers - loved it

ADR - liked it, a bit expensive, guides were not on it the day we went so good luck.

I probably just made your choice harder - just thought you should know.

New York City, New...
reviews: 9
4. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

El Santuario is a new canopy in the area, so I would go with experience and go with either Canopy Safari or the ADR Adventure Park depending on what type of zip line tour you are looking for.. Canopy Safari is mainly zip lines, but does have a tarzan swing, butterfly garden and serpentarium that kids would enjoy. We loved it, you're surrounded by jungle. Another of our favorites, was the ADR Adventure Park, the guides were excellent, and very knowledgeable about the area, plus the seriously the most beautiful place I have ever seen. You feel like you are transported into a jungle/waterfall wonderland. It's a mix of zip lines, hiking, rappeling, and waterfalls. The price is more, but it's because it's a full day trip with two meals versus a shorter half day trip.

If you really want to try the Superman then I hear people love Midworld but that it's pricey.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll have fun whatever you choose!

Edited: 10:40 am, May 03, 2013
Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

I like Canopy Safari if you have never done zipline and midworld if you have done many ziplines, as the superman option is really fun. I have not done the new Sanctuary yet, so I can't help you there! Enjoy!

Austin, TX
reviews: 3
6. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

We went to El Santuario this week and they were great. Don't let the fact that they are the newer kid on the block deter you. They have a first-class operation, fantastic guys working there, and the equipment is terrific. They are fun! The meal at the end was fresh cooked for us, chicken, rice and beans, plantains. Can't speak for the other tours, but this one was great. Safe!!

7. Re: El Santuario or Midworld for Zip Lines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 15, 2014