We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel For Family

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 1
Best Hotel For Family

Our family (with two children, aged 13 and 8) will be visiting Manuel Antonio in December/January for five days and we would very much appreciate some orientation and views on which of the following hotels/villa complexes would be best, considering: access to beach and town (restaurants) on the one hand, and comfort/cleanliness/amenities/security, on the other hand. Our agent has suggested: The Parador, Tulemar Bungalows, Si Como No, and Buena Vista. Hard to decide, based on the wide range of views expressed in the HUNDREDS of reviews posted ...

Philadelphia...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Best Hotel For Family

Keep in mind that only Tulemar and Buena Vista has a beach available on their property all others mentioned will have to get shuttled to the public beach ....... If your budget allows ... Tulemar would be my choice .... especially with kids ..... Beach and pools are awesome ! ... Amenities and wildlife galore ! .... Just came back from there in March 2013 and working on my plans to get back with my family in 2014 .... Check it out, you won't be disappointed !! ........

Miami, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Best Hotel For Family

Well, Si Como No is a personal favorite, it's located very strategically in the mountain so that it's near town and near the beach and national park, I loved that, you can read the review I made of it. As for all the comfort and services it has it all really, you couldn't ask for nothing more, one thing I noticed as soon as I arrived was how calm it was, felt just at home :) here's their site by the way http://www.sicomono.com so decide for yourself.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Best Hotel For Family

I stayed at Si Como No 5 years ago as well ... and my wife and I did have a great time there, but can't even compare it to Tulemar .... also no tv's for children at Si Como No .... we didn't mind at all ...but if its a rainy day it might be important for the kids ....

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 103
4. Re: Best Hotel For Family

Tulemar #1 if you can afford it, if it's just too much for you, Si Como No, with either choice you'll be happy! :-)

Edited: 2:10 pm, April 17, 2013
Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Best Hotel For Family

Tulemar and Buena Vista are basically the same property, just different pricing depending on the luxury of the unit. Highly recommended for families and a great location. Si Como No is also excellent for families and very centrally located, though the rooms do not have tv, and that can be a deal breaker for many kids. The waterslide in their pool could make up for it though. Parador is our biggest hotel in the area and set at the very end of a side road. Though a great hotel, you will be much more limited on food choices and getting around on your own, as it is a taxi ride to get anywhere. However, if your kids want to have more kids to play with, this might work well for you. Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
6. Re: Best Hotel For Family

I'd go with Tulemar for the beach access. It's right there on the property, and they have a shuttle service that runs frequently so it's easy if you don't want to hike down. They also have free kayaks and boogie boarding. Lots of wildlife on the property including sloths and monkeys. You can walk to several restaurants from there - Barba Roja, Salsipuedes, Kapi Kapi, Cafe Milagro, etc. Very clean and awesome service - you have a great concierge to help you with anything you need. They'll even have groceries delivered, help you with tours, get you a rental car. They make it really easy. I've toured Si Como No but haven't stayed there. It's a really nice property too, but the beach access makes Tulemar more attractive for me.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
7. Re: Best Hotel For Family

Thank you for all the nice comments!

Tulemar Dave

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
8. Re: Best Hotel For Family

Hi, Dave - glad to hear the rescued baby sloth is doing well. Loved meeting you, and love your new sign. :) You have a great property. We'll definitely be back!

VG

Miami, Florida
9. Re: Best Hotel For Family

We stayed at El Parador and loved it. It is a great hotel. Try getting some of the upgraded rooms such as the premium ocean view rooms

Florida
reviews: 8
10. Re: Best Hotel For Family

We just returned from 4 nights at Hotel Parador. It was amazing! We had an oceanfront room and a rental car. It is located way up at the end of the road, but with the car it was fine for our family. There were kids there in and around the pool every day. They have beautiful grounds that we hiked one afternoon around 4 PM and saw more wildlife than inside the National park. We also hiked down to Bisenz Beach one morning and rented kayaks. Breakfast was delicious, but we ventured out most days for lunch and dinner and found some really great restaurants.