We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

I am looking for accomadations in Costa Rica that would be private and romantic for a 25th wedding anniversary. Love the hot spring areas.

Level Contributor
20 posts
11. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Hi, we are looking for the same thing but not so resort-like more off the beaten path. Any ideas?

Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
143 reviews
12. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Bosque del Cabo and other spots on the Osa Peninsula are very nice for off the beaten path.

key west
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
13. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Just needed to chime in here. My name is Mark, and I am one of the owners here at Prana Rainforest Retreat.

Sounds like we know " LivNLarge", since they spoke of us as "great guys" , so thanks for that.

I did want to add in that the description of being in a "back canyon down pothole filled roads" may be a bit misleading.

Just to be be clear, our property is a three minute drive off of the main Manuel Antonio road, and yes there are potholes, but we have two wheeled drive, low riding cars come and go with no problems all of the time.

Our clients are always thrilled once they are back here at the retreat with our very secluded feel, which again, takes about three minutes of driving to accomplish. We choose to be off of the beaten path in order to be directly on the border of the National Park. There are plenty of properties right on the main road, and many of them are wonderful places to stay, but again, in order to experience the natural and quiet surroundings that many visitors to Costa Rica are seeking, we choose this amazing location to build our retreat. If you are happy to get off of the beaten path, for three mintues each way, then we are sure that it will be worth the very small amount of extra effort.

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
14. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

I should note that since my first post on this thread asking about Prana Rainforest Retreat I have booked 4 nights there for July after a very helpful and detailed email correspondence with Mark. So far he has been a great help with info on the area as well as rental car, restaurant, and activity suggestions. I'll be sure to post more after my trip, but I'm already confident that I made the right choice for our time in Manuel Antonio.

I also found a very nice looking house in Uvita called Casa Aracari that I booked for the second half of our trip. Has great reviews on VRBO and also a very helpful and informative owner. I'd recommend looking into that property as well if you don't mind the idea of not being at a full service property (i.e. having to cook for yourself, no daily maid service, etc).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
15. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Thank you Pranaspa...agree with you not a big deal at all getting into your place...just slow down...to see that little piece of paradise!

Level Contributor
121 posts
20 reviews
16. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Mark .......thanks for clarifying .... a couple potholes in CR is no big deal at all !!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
17. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

I can't recommend the Potoo Treehouse at Manu Villas in Dominical enough for a special anniversary. Wife and I went for our honeymoon last year and loved it. Alex & Grace are wonderful hosts (and owners of the property).

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
18. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Just got back from 7 nights at Prana Rainforest Retreat in Manuel Antonio and had to drop by this thread to say that if you're looking for private, romantic accommodations in Manuel Antonio then I don't see how you could possibly do any better than Prana!

The location is fantastic (and totally worth the fun 3-4 minute drive off the main road), the guest house is stunning and as private as could be, and the service from the wonderful owners is perfect! I will post a full review on Prana's page in the near future, but just wanted to chime in here quickly since I found these message boards so helpful in planning my trip.

19. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 17, 2014