We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Georgia
Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

I am looking for accomadations in Costa Rica that would be private and romantic for a 25th wedding anniversary. Love the hot spring areas.

Texas
1. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

We stayed at the Issimo Suites for our 25th last October...

Had a great time -- had Monkeys on the balcony in the morning and we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival. Nice place good food & drink -- no kids

Check it out

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 103
2. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

You posted this under Manuel Antonio, but the hot springs are in the La Fortuna/Arenal area. Do you know which area you're interested in? Tulemar Bungalows in Manuel Antonio is popular, maybe the Springs Resort and Spa in the La Fortuna area. Nayara is another good spot.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Nayara (which doesn't have its own hot springs), Tabacon or The Springs Resort would be your top choices, and none of them are in the Manuel Antonio area.

For intimate romance in the MA area, it's hard to top Makanda. For luxury and direct beach access, it's hard to top Arenas del Mar. There are also some excellent romantic options a little further south from Manuel Antonio in the Uvita/Ballena area...

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

For the Manuel Antonio area I like the privacy, romance and adults only atmosphere of Makanda too. For the Arenal area it is hard to beat Hotel Nayara, though Kioro and Royal Corin are nice too, just a slightly different ambiance. Congrats and Enjoy!

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 160
5. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Since it is your 25th, I would assume that you would be in your early to mid 40's, so you would probably be a bit more adventurous than my wife and I. That being said, we went down last October for our 40th anniversary, and spent some of our time in the Arenal area. We stayed at the Springs Resort in the Honeymoon suite, and loved it. There was no one in the adjacent rooms which was even nicer. They have a nice bottle of wine waiting for you in the room at check in, and there are a lot of possibilities available that they will furnish for you. The view of the volcano from the patio is fantastic as well. We have not stayed there, but we did talk with three different couples that were staying at the Nayara, and all said that they loved it as well. La Ventana's Restaurant at the Springs was surprisingly good as well for a special dinner. Of course DOn Ruffino;s in La Fortuna is also very good. Most of the other hotels around La Fortuna, I can't really recommend for a 25th anniversary trip, not that they aren't good places, just not what I would consider good for that type of a stay. Don't know if it would interest you, but a great combo would be a few days at the Springs Resort and a few days at its sister hotel, The Peace Lodge. Totally different surroundings, but it is a small intimate hotel with beautiful surroundings. You could probably work out a deal to save a few bucks by combining the two. Have a great trip to paradise. If you decide to go this route, contact me off board, and I can give you some additional information,

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

For Arenal...Arenal Nayara...Tabacdon Hot Springs...very nice and romantic...

Manuel Antonio...Arenas del mar...Si Como No...Gaia...Buena Vista Villas and Casas...Tulemar bungalows...

roadadivsor

Chicago, Illinois...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Is anyone familiar with Prana Rainforest Retreat in the Manual Antonio area? My wife and I are considering it for the first half of our 10 year anniversary trip. Looks as private as you can get with only 1 couple at a time in the guest house on the property (with its own private pool). Seems like a very interesting option (also considering Gaia and Issimo at this point) but I wish I could find more information on the property before booking.

I started an email conversation through the Prana website to get more info, but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone had any insight.

Thanks

Somerset, NJ
reviews: 16
8. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Take a look at renting a luxury villa for a week if you are looking for privacy and romance. Villas at Paradise Breezes in Dominical each have their own infinity pool, jacuzzi and killer ocean view sunsets. In addition there is daily housekeeping and a concierge who can arrange for everything you want, even a private chef! We celebrated our 35th anniversary there and loved it. Congrats & enjoy !

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
9. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

Prana is located in a back canyon down pothole filled roads you have to use any time you go anywhere. There are easier options, though the owners are great guys. Enjoy!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
10. Re: Private romantic accomadations in costa rica

For privacy and romance, I'd go Ylang Ylang Beach Resort in Montezuma. I know it's not Manuel Antonio or near hot springs, but it is like staying on an island with great food and an incredibly romantic mood/feel.