We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 2
Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

Has anyone done this day tour to the Island from MA?

Thank you.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

This tour can be arranged from the Quepos area, but since it is around 2.5 hrs one way to where the boat launches, it is considered a very long day from our area. Depending on the time of year, it can end up a very wet day too. If even considering this great tour, it is recommended during our dry season. There are many many other excellent tours located in our immediate area that might make for a more fun but relaxing outing. Hopefully someone who has done it recently can give you more insight. Enjoy!

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
2. Re: Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

Wow, that would be a long day, but a great boat ride (if a nice day).

What's the price they're charging to that? And who is running it?

Thanks,

Gary

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

I would be going next week, so I would take it still dry season??

Other then zip lining, rafting any other suggestions on something to see?

Any waterfalls with in an hour away?

Thanks again

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

My experience is that everything on the Pacific coast will be packed next week (probably the other side too). Many tourists will go for Easter break. But many many Costa Ricans will have next week (or 1/2 the week) off and will head to the coasts. I've spent many weeks in Costa Rica (probably 30+ weeks over 15+ trips) and holy week is the busiest (Christmas might be second). There is so much traffic heading back to the city at the end of the week the close off one of the divided highways and make both sides go back towards San Jose, I know one of the days was the day before Easter (maybe the day before too) ;I think they do it the other way too, but I've never experienced that way. (That was probably longer than it needed to be!)

My only point is make sure you have reservations for the places you're staying and things you're doing for that week. Normally I play it by ear but not those weeks.

Normally for something like Tortuga, I'd tell people wait until the morning of to make your reservation so that you're sure it's a nice day; but for next week I'd suggest booking in advance. I'll point out that I'm generally making this recommendation while in Montezuma (which is much closer to Tortuga).

I've gone multiple times Easter weekend and the week after and it's much calmer, it's part of why I was shocked at how busy it was the week before since I'd never noticed the super busy. So if you're there from Easter or after it'll likely calm right down. (In my experience).

Gary

I would be interested in cost and what company this is. I've googled, but can't find a price for it. THANKS!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

http://www.calypsocruises.com/ Should be able to give you more information. It will definitely be dry season, so you do not need to worry about waiting to see what the weather is, as for arrangements from our area you will likely have to have that reserved in advance, as they may even have a minimum number of people if you do not have your own car. Enjoy!

6. Re: Tour to Tortuga Island from MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2014