We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
reviews: 4
Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

We are driving to Quepos Saturday morning, tomorrow 3/16, and are unsure about the best time to leave. I would opt for an early departure, say 6 am, to beat the traffic. On the other hand, should we instead wait until the traffic has (hopefully) passed and leave at 10 am. I think I would rather get there early and have more time to play at the beach and visit MA. Your best advice is most appreciated!

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 36
1. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

A lot will depend on accommodations.....will they be accessible early or later in the day.....or does that even matter......I don't think that the traffic will be a big factor (yes, earlier there will be less).......but I do enjoy getting an early start on the day.....so come on over early!

Tulemar Dave

Boston...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

Hi, as daylight is the same all yr round, I'd lean toward 6-6:30am and beat ALL traffic...the hyway from SJ to MA is fairly brand new and we made it from LaFortuna area to MA area in about 2-3 hrs (not counting the time it took to get to the SJ area to get on the hyway to MA). Once you hit the Jaco area, it becomes a 2-lane road and it'll be closer to 11am and more traffic, esp on weekend...hope this helps. Keep Trvlin

Quebec, Canada
reviews: 4
3. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

Sorry to be so late in thanking you for your insights. We made it to Quepos without a hitch and had a wonderful time.

4. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...