We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
2 reviews
Prices

I'm surprised that no one really mentions prices on TA.

If I could get a few that would be great, so I know what to expect.

1 ltr gas

6 pack of beer @ store

1 beer @ bar

average meal for 2 people

1 liter bottle water @ store

Which things are very expensive to buy ( something that I could take with me & not need to buy while I'm there)

and vice versa.

Thank you

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
23 reviews
11. Re: Prices

I don't know - but at least in a hotel, I wouldsay thatif you left amaid about 1000 colones a day approx $2 dollars - unless the maid did somethhing really specialfor you it would not be so terrible. But perhaps others know better

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Prices

yeah that's what I figured. I just didn't want to not give enough.1000 colones sounds fair.

I was also reading that @ the bars 200 Colones per drink is respectable?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
58 reviews
13. Re: Prices

2000 not 200 (that would be about 40 cents) Sometimes even less outside the tourist areas.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
2 reviews
14. Re: Prices

No no.. sorry I was meaning on how much to tip @ a bar per drink :)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
58 reviews
15. Re: Prices

Oh I see... a 10% service charge will be added to your bill, but unless the service is bad I always leave a little more.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
16. Re: Prices

For a 2-3 star hotel, $2 a day is fine for a maid unless you are really messy. Private homes the maids do a lot more work such as laundry and dish washing, as well as cleaning of outdoor areas etc, so in those cases the tip is usually more. For other travelers to consider......leaving your leftover food/drink and/or booze it not considered a tip. Enjoy!

17. Re: Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...