We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare from BWI(Baltimore) to SJO!!!!!!

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 11
Airfare from BWI(Baltimore) to SJO!!!!!!

Planning to go to Costa Rica in June. Just saw airfare for $520. Should I booked the airfare now or wait it out a little to see if the prices will come down below $500? Please Help

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
1. Re: Airfare from BWI(Baltimore) to SJO!!!!!!

Most people recommend booking a flight 6-8 weeks ahead of time. I would keep watching and see what happens in the next few weeks. When I am looking for flights, I always check early in the morning also. Sometimes you can hit a good "deal" at that time of day.

I would also check Dulles and National (sorry - I can't use that new name) to see if you can get a better deal. Look at Taca airlines - I have flown with them several times to the DC area and they often have good prices on flights.

You can look here also: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm At this website, you can get a calendar with the lowest price for each day of the month. Then go to the airline website.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
2. Re: Airfare from BWI(Baltimore) to SJO!!!!!!

I think that is a decent fare! Keep in mind that fuel surcharges for airlines are at the lowest they have been in some time, and you never know when they will go up. I was told this by someone who works in the travel industry..all she does is book flights for people from all over the US.

Chandler, Arizona
reviews: 8
3. Re: Airfare from BWI(Baltimore) to SJO!!!!!!

Man I'm flying out of Phoenix in June and can't touch that fare. I use that site that Hattie recommended and it is a very powerful search engine with so many options once you understand what it can do.

If this fare right now is has the optimum routing, time for layovers, no redeye etc, then I would go for it rather than wait for a $40 decrease and have flights I hated.. Some say Tuesday is the best day to purchase as new deals are advertised, I've been watching since January and the deals for Costa Rica were coming out on Wednesdays so would wait until tomorrow.

David

Edited: 11:42 am, March 05, 2013
4. Re: Airfare from BWI(Baltimore) to SJO!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 07, 2014