We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Hi, all - does anyone have any recommendations for a good company to do a sunset sail in the Manuel Antonio area? I'd like one that serves drinks and dinner is possible. Looking for more of a romantic atmosphere than a big party boat. Do all of them go snorkeling? We've been snorkeling in July, and it was kind of a dud. Do you think the snorkeling would be any better when it's not green season? Thanks for any guidance you can give me!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
1. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Make that if possible. :)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
2. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

I explored a little bit, and it looks like Sunset Sails and Planet Dolphin both get good reviews. Has anyone used either of these companies? I'm leaning towards Sunset Sails because it looks like a smaller crowd and maybe a little more romantic. What do you guys think?

Madison
reviews: 10
3. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Hey Volcano girl,

Planet Dolphin is a fun cruise that's pretty laid back. I think for romance you are better off with Sunset Cruise. Less people and good dinner.

We are taking Sunset Cruise in a week. It looks very nice. We have done Dolphin before it was fun but not romantic.

Have fun!

MadmanWI

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
4. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Thanks, mad - did you mean Sunset Sails or is Sunset Cruise another company?

I'd love to hear what you thought of the tour when you get back.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

I prefer Planet Dolphin, though Sunset Sails is excellent as well. The new Ocean King is a beautiful boat with great crew, but a little too large for my particular tastes, so I prefer the medium sized boats for this fun excursion. Enjoy!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
6. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

I did Planet Dolphin once and thought it was pretty fun. Do not know the other company but Dolphin gets 2 thumbs up from me.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
7. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Thanks, guys - what do you think about the snorkeling? Does it vary by season or about the same all year round? it wasn't great in July, but I'm wondering if it would be better other times of the year?

Madison
reviews: 10
8. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

I meant Sunset Sails. Whoops.

As far as snorkeling we we went in morning trip right after it had rained all night....really good views of the fish. We counted like 20 different species. It was lots of fun.

MadmanWI

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
9. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Thank you, Mad - I'm so glad to hear that!

Boston...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Best Company for a Sunset Boating Tour?

Hi Dest Exp....stayed at Coste Verde 1st wk of Feb-2013 (gorgeous place) & they recommended Sunset Sails--they get 10Stars from me & my traveling friend! Smaller catamaran--not a big party boat. GREAT CREW. Saw LOTS of dolphins, pretty good snorkeling (just before sunset). Food & drink was pretty good and people (about 18-20) were very sociable. All-in-all, a very enjoyable 4-hr trip!