We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stop and grab lunch...

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Places to stop and grab lunch...

I was wondering some suggestions of places to stop and grab a bite to eat and maybe a cerveza on the way from the San Jose airport to Manuel Antonio? We will be traveling on a Sat afternoon. Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
1. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

A cute place right on the road between Tarcoles and Jaco is Outback Jack's. It's a totally touristy and kitschy place run by a couple of nice German guys, but the beer is cold, and the homemade onion rings are to die for. They have live music on Sunday afternoons.

Edited: 1:44 pm, February 21, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

At Tarcoles beach...La Fiesta del MArisco...costarican styly seafood...right on the ebach at the right hand side of the road by the beach...and a few metters iat the other side of the road..:Steves and Lisas also a sea food ...more expensive but also great...

roadadvsor

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Ha ha, Outback Jacks is a hoot, though when I ate there the food was only average, but what a character and the beer is cold! I also like Soda Guacimo about 10 minutes after Punta Leona on the way to the Caldera Hwy on the hill on your right. Great typical food, homemade tortillas. If you drive into Jaco, you will have dozens of restaurants to choose from as well. Always lots of places to get a cold beer. Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 89
4. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Are these places all safe to stop with luggage in the car? We'll be doing the same drive too to MA. It's also our first time, so any insights would be helpful!

Chesapeake, Virginia
reviews: 91
5. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Bumping this up as I too am interested to see if it is safe to stop and have lunch and leave my luggage in the car. Thanks in advance.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 72
6. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Ditto here. Is there anywhere to eat near the Tarcoles Bridge? Would that be considered a half way point between Arenal and MA?

Ann Arbor, MI
reviews: 88
7. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Are you renting a car and driving? If so, then I would say don’t leave anything in the car – not even in the trunk. It’s easy to break the lock.

If you hire a driver it’s probably fine. Our driver really took care of us and watched our stuff when we wanted to stop.

Jacksonville...
8. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

We are driving ourselves. Have read previous posts about making sure to leave someone in the car to watch luggage so we will be sure to do that. Looking for somewhere that one of the adults can run and get a quick to go lunch for us to eat in the car or stop somewhere along the road and sit by the car while we eat. Thanks!

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 25
9. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Almost always there are tourist police - usually on the south side of the bridge. I would just park near them. Or you could go a few kilometers more to Fiesta del Mariscos where you can park your car where you can see it from the dining area. It is not fancy, but great fresh seafood - just part Tarcoles beach on the right hand side. Ooops - I now see that roadadvisor already suggested this- oh well a second vote.

Edited: 11:59 am, April 16, 2013
Jacksonville...
10. Re: Places to stop and grab lunch...

Thank you! Not looking for fancy just yummy. Will add them to the list.

Reply to: Places to stop and grab lunch...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted