We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

HI, all. Can you recommend some good tour companies to use for a guided tour of MA park and for the Damas mangroves tour? We'd like to use someone who will not feed the monkeys or other wildlife. Thanks for your guidance!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

I did the tour Volcanogirl. I used Manuel Antonio Expeditions. The monkeys came into the boat, but there was no feeding going on I am happy to say. I also grilled the guide on their knowledge and he did not skip a beat, he knew what he was talking about. I have also used Iguana tours but not for the mangrove trip. Have a blast.

London, England...
reviews: 83
2. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

2nd vote for Manuel Antonio Expeditions, we thought they were brilliant. Juan and Pablo are both excellent. Google the company website and you can get their contact details.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
3. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Thanks for the recommendation, guys - does anyone know how Manuel Antonio Expeditions and Aguila Tours are affiliated? Someone had recommended Aguila, and it looks like both are Juan Brenes companies.

Inca, thanks for the good wishes!

London, England...
reviews: 83
4. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

My understanding is that Juan doesn't own MAE, he just works for the company, whereas Aguila appears to be his own company for his one-man band stuff.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
5. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Thanks, David! Sounds like we can't go wrong either way.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
6. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

I concur with the above, I get great reveiws from MAE. I also use Safari Adventure Tours for this activity which is very fun. Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
7. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Thank you, Liv - looks like MAE is the way to go! Must be a wonderful company to get such consistently good reviews.

Huntingdon, Pa
reviews: 7
8. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Manuel Antonio Expeditions was the best for us. Juan was our guide for both the Park tour and also the Damas Mangrove tour. My wife and I went out by Kyack with him thru the mangroves and then we heard the noises of the monkeys coming. What a sight and sound. They jumped on my kyack and were crawling on my back and head. Juan just said to not rach out to touch them and they will leave once they see there is no food. They were amazing to be that close to. Juan was a great guide and a great sense of humor.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
9. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Wow, Penn - I didn't realize that they would come that close!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
10. Re: Park Tour and Damas Mangroves Tour for Non Monkey Feeders?

Juan gave us a great tour of Manuel Antonio park. He's a real whiz at using small point and shoot digital cameras with his spotting scope.

His Damas tour was excellent too--on a day when no other boats were seeing much, we saw a pair of silky anteaters mating because of his sharp-eyed boat captain. We also got awesome video of white face monkeys trying to crack coconuts on branches and rocks.