We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
reviews: 99
La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Hello! This will be our first trip to CR and we are all very excited! We will be traveling with our two children ages 15 & 11. We will be driving a rental car down from Arenal/Monteverde. My problem is that I can't choose between La Posada (The Villa Casa), The Falls (apartment), or Tulemar Bungalows(1 bedroom, no balcony). We all LOVE wildlife and want to feel like we are in our own little paradise. I do like that La Posada and The Falls include breakfast and a washer/dryer, they both have balconies, and a pool. The reviews for all 3 are outstanding so it's not helping. I fell in love with Tulemar because of it's location but we would not have privacy from the children, breakfast, or a balcony to enjoy the wildlife. On the other hand we would have a private beach and wildlife right outside our door! Ugh! Any feedback on those that have stayed at La Posada or The Falls will be greatly appreciated! For those that have stayed at Tulemar without a balcony, did you miss it?? Thank you in advance!

Massachusetts
reviews: 8
11. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

We have not yet booked flights but plan to go for 10 days in Apri. I'm hoping that going from San Jose to Arenal/Monteverde for 3-4 days, then down to Manuel Antonio and back to San Jose won't be too much driving; I don't really have a sense of the time it takes to get to each place. We're debating the same accommodation options, including possibly renting for 5 days. When are you going?

Jacksonville...
12. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

hearnold we are going in June. I've been working on our itinerary for weeks and driving myself crazy (and everyone in the family too!). We are flying to SJO and then driving ourselves up to La Fortuna/Arenal area where we will stay for 4 nights. Then on the way down to Manuel Antonio we will stop in Monteverde one night and do the Selvatura zip lines and walking bridges tour. From there continue to Manuel Antonio for 3 nights then head to a hotel close to the airport the night before our flight leaves so we don't have to get up and drive at 6am the morning we fly out. I thought 10 days would be enough but it's hard deciding what to do and where to go. In La Fortuna/Arenal area we are staying 2 nights in Tree Houses Hotel and 2 nights at Los Lagos Resort (they have hot springs on site), in Monteverde we are at Casa Batsu and in Manuel Antonio we are booked for The Falls but I am second guessing myself on that. I really want a view and they do not offer that. I'm looking into renting a villa and awaiting some inquiries before I make a decision. We can rent a villa with a private pool for the same price as renting the apartment at The Falls. I've been doing some research on times for driving and I believe from SJO to Arenal it's about 3-4 hours and from Arenal to Manuel Antonio about 4-5 hours. I'm adding on time since we will probably drive slow and take our time, also for traffic, weather or other unknown events. Hope this helps you. Have fun planning your trip and let me know how it goes! Best wishes.

New York City, New...
reviews: 38
13. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

My wife and I are staying at the falls in three weeks i can let you know what we think. We'll be back March 3rd and i will try and review.

Jacksonville...
14. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Daniel J that would be great, thank you!

Toronto
reviews: 5
15. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Shawna, what did u finally do? ? did u decide with the falls or a villa?

I am in the same boat as u..

Pls let me know.

Thanks.

Jacksonville...
16. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Hi montrealvisitor we ended up going with the villa. It was great having all the space and the view was wonderful and it was close to everything (bus and walking plus most tours pick you up) It was also nice to have the washer & dryer at the end of our trip. I believe The Falls has a washer/dryer too, the only difference being the view and privacy. I think when we return we would stay at The Preserve at Los Altos or rent a condo at Pacifico Colonial. We really didn't stay in the villa enough to offset the cost. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful but we ended up doing more outdoor adventures so we will probably stay somewhere more economical next time. We thought we would do more cooking but groceries are expensive. They are a little cheaper in Quepos if you have a car. Hope this helps.

reviews: 1
17. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Just a heads up to another family of wildlife lovers - definitely check out Proyecto Asis - amazing and close to La Fortuna - my family is going to La Fortuna and Manuel Antonio in March!!!

reviews: 1
18. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Just a heads up to another family of wildlife lovers - definitely check out Proyecto Asis - amazing and close to La Fortuna - my family is going to La Fortuna and Manuel Antonio in March!!!

Jacksonville...
19. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

I agree, definitely a wonderful experience. The Tree Houses are right up the street if you have the time. It's another awesome experience all on it's own. Great food at Happy Land too. Best casada we had during our trip.

20. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 25, 2014